• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DCT fault and high idle

mikeDK

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi

Sorry to start my first post on this forum with a problem.

I washed my 750 integra DCT last week.
Not sure if it is related, but today it idles at 1250rpm and the DCT pulls forward all the time (when standing still in Drive).
I have tried the clutch calibration (turn ignition while pressing D and DDNDN) but it fails.

The engine was all warmed up (fan kicked in) and yet it persisted.

Do you have any proposals for my next step ? From my understanding next step should be stripping the tupperware and cleaning the connectors to the sensors?

thanks

According to my owners manual (2016 NC750x) idle should be 1200 +/- 100 rpm, but if your RPM is (really) higher than normal the clutch will engage and the bike will creep. So to me if the idle speed is high that's the problem, not the DCT.
From the service manual for high idle check-
Intake air leak, clogged air filter or engine top-end problem
Throttle operation and freeplay
IACV operation ( idle air control valve)

Last edited:
Thanks Harvey, I too was thinking high idle might be the sole source of the issue. I will check it out in the mornning. Funny though that the clutch sync reported fail and lights up both DS (drive sport) at the same time on the dash.
It was not a high pressure wash, but a 'nozzle' with water jets. You can put your hand in front of it without problems

According to the service manual, clutch calibration needs to be done at (normal) idle. If your idle is fast, and the clutch engaged, the bike won't do the calibration.

I would be concerned about water in a connector or some other important location before jumping to more complex resolutions.

Whenever I have to troubleshoot, I start with;

Did it work in the past?
When did it fail?
And what happened in between?

If it was working without error codes, etc, and it failed after you washed it with (some amount of) water pressure, I would be checking and drying out connectors before digging into anything else.
Just my 2 cents.
>T

I would be concerned about water in a connector or some other important location before jumping to more complex resolutions.

My thoughts also. Perhaps check all of the main connectors especially in areas where the spray might have been concentrated. I have seen similar problems with Triumph Explorers where they were traced to ingress of water in some of the main connectors of the loom. It is too coincidental that this happened subsequent to a wash.

Check the throttle cables. While cleaning, washing, drying one of them may have been dislodged and is preventing the throttle body butterfly from fully closing. There should be a little freeplay when the throttle is twisted when the handlebars are turned all the way to the left and right.

Honda does a pretty good job of putting gaskets in their electrical connectors that keeps moisture out.

I had this happen too, one time after I put it on the center stand and washed the bike and clean/lube the chain. No power/pressure wash. Idle was high and DCT pulled forward. Next day, after a 20 minute ride to work it was back to normal though. So it could be that water got in/on a sensor. Hasn't happened since.

FezUSA, exactly what it turned out to be for me too. Now after 2 days the creep and high idle has disappeared. The clutch synced fine and all works again.
The scary thing was, that when it misbehaved, it would not alwas go into drive. Fustrating to stand in the side of the road and switch it on/off & try clutch sync and pray it would get me home.
I thought only italian bikes had that kind of personality/electronics :)

Back