• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Video: Malibu, Mulholland and Lane Filtering

GoRovers

Reaction score
Visit site
Enjoy watching this 5-minute Riding with Lee video titled "Malibu, Mulholland and Lane Filtering." Four of us (Bob, Patch, Steve and Lee) ride through the sweepers and canyons of Malibu, across Mulholland Highway and up the Snake to the Lookout. Along the way you'll see (legal in California) lane filtering, late apex curves, and a "no no" finger wag for a driver who almost crossed the double yellow line.

[video=youtube_share;Y2N90_q_eu8]https://youtu.be/Y2N90_q_eu8[/video]

Turning your head to "talk" to a cager is also a "No No".
Just keep your high beams on and a quick honk of the horn to discourage them. Just because it's illegal doesn't mean it won't happen, especially with so many Uber drivers out here.

I usually hate videos but yours in quite well done, short sequences with adequate commentary and nice image.

You still have to work on your trajectories though ;)

Thanks for sharing.

Silver, thanks for your comment. I agree with...
Just because it's illegal doesn't mean it won't happen...
Of course!

...but I respectfully disagree with the rest:
Turning your head to "talk" to a cager is also a "No No". Just keep your high beams on and a quick honk of the horn to discourage them.

Over the past four decades motorcycling I've learned to constantly keep my head moving on a swivel. My "no no" was delivered while visually checking out the lane 50 feet ahead. Some drivers learn from a brief "shaming;" Others don't. Can't hurt.

High beams on always?? That's a no-no in my book. I'll soon install a headlight modulator on the NC (as I've done with all of my recent bikes), but I'll only use it a) when filtering, and b) when canyon carving. Those of us who also drive a cage daily can attest to the unsafe irritation of being blinding by Mr. High Beams Biker in the Rear View. That's not me.

Back