• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Any annual NC meetings?

Afan

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While I had ST1100 I was meeting other ST owners from Midwest (MnSTOC, WiSTOC, LOCSTOC... More info on st-owners.com website). Although, I was skipping last 1-2 years (bought NC, totaled ST... :), but this June I'm gonna meet others at LOCSTOC).
But I can't find any NCOC, NCOG, NC Meets... any meetings?
Is there anybody who would like to meet me and/or other Honda owners at the LOCSTOC?
BTW, many ST owners switched from Honda to other brands but they kept coming to STOCs...

We've had some successful NC gatherings in the past, but the interest seems to be fading. We just had a small meet up in North Carolina a couple weeks ago. We may do another in September.

We tried one in northern Arkansas in April, but it flopped due low attendance.

Where is LOCSTOC?

I would attend a meeting like that... though North Carolina is a long way away from San Diego!...

Waning NC interest... I can only guess at that. It's still the best commuter bike going, but that's not very "se*y" as they say.... While I'm not a fan of making ANYTHING more expensive, maybe it's time to make the NC shaft drive and promote it as a "sport/touring" bike...
The African Twin can take over the "adventure" bike duties, and the CBRs can be the entry level?

Wow... this all from someone who can barely spell "marketing".

How about something on the west coast? I can think of a very cheap camp ground on Lake Mead near good old Las Vegas... I'm ready to ride...

Last edited:
How about something on the west coast? I can think of a very cheap camp ground on Lake Mead near good old Las Vegas... I'm ready to ride...

Throw it out there. Pick a place, pick a date (don’t ask, just pick it). Start a sign up sheet. See what happens.

Yes, just pick a place and post it up. If you post a Ride To Eat or a camping weekend people will come. We had 3 annual NC events in FL back in 2012-2014.

OK... I'll start working out the logistics. Camping by Lake Mead is good as there's a very well equipped site near one of the boat launches. I've camped there. $10 a night?

Think of it....two nights camping with the main event of the ONE full day being a ride down the Vegas Strip to In N Out Burger just behind New York, New York.

hhhmmmm......

Hey.... I'M IN for a meet! I've tried several times to meet up with guys on the map anywhere in my local area all to no avail!! I've even offered to buy lunch, coffee or PIE!! Although Lake Mead is 1150 miles away for me to come, i'll try and take some time off from work if i can and i'll make it! That'd qualify me for the Saddle Sore Iron Butt run as well! Maybe make the meet in the area of Northern Cali, maybe even the Redwoods area then i'd bet we'd get several of the greater Seattle area guys as well. I'd be up for that too!! Great idea, i like it! :{)

Last edited:
Hey.... I'M IN for a meet! I've tried several times to meet up with guys on the map anywhere in my local area all to no avail!! I've even offered to buy lunch, coffee or PIE!! Although Lake Mead is 1150 miles away for me to come, i'll try and take some time off from work if i can and i'll make it! That'd qualify me for the Saddle Sore Iron Butt run as well! Maybe make the meet in the area of Northern Cali, maybe even the Redwoods area then i'd bet we'd get several of the greater Seattle area guys as well. I'd be up for that too!! Great idea, i like it! :{)

OK, then YOU get to pick what weekend it should be.

the first ever summer edition of the "NC+ Howdy" gathering.
Every event needs a goofy, memorable, name, so that will do for this...
NC for the NC700X and the + for any other motorcycle someone might want to ride.

The camp site could be [Temple Bar Campground] GPS = 36.031898, -114.325333
It's the sort of place where you leave $10 in an envelope with the space # you're staying at in the drop near the entry.

Keep in mind... summer temps are well above 100F in this part of the world.

When do you want to go?

We should do a travelling road show kind of thing, start at the Outer Banks in North Carolina and plan a route all the way to someplace like Santa Rosa in Northern California - NC to NC on a NC kind of thing, riders can jump in to the travelling circus along the way and ride as far as they want with the group.

I'm thinking about attemtping the "Iron Butt" 50cc ride....again...
folks could join on for parts of that...

50cc - 50 hrs Coast to Coast. (Usually San Diegeo to Jacksonville, FL) 2,400 miles in < 50 hours.

I've gone to Jacksonville once but didn't make the time cut off. Nothing's worse than going all that way and still feeling like a LOSER!

Camping my way back, slowly, would be the best part of it... so I'm thinking of skipping the 50CC challenge and just camping my way to the east coast and then back! No pressure, just new places to see.

ahhhh....but I digress....

I'm thinking about attemtping the "Iron Butt" 50cc ride....again...
folks could join on for parts of that...

50cc - 50 hrs Coast to Coast. (Usually San Diegeo to Jacksonville, FL) 2,400 miles in < 50 hours.

I've gone to Jacksonville once but didn't make the time cut off. Nothing's worse than going all that way and still feeling like a LOSER!

Camping my way back, slowly, would be the best part of it... so I'm thinking of skipping the 50CC challenge and just camping my way to the east coast and then back! No pressure, just new places to see.

ahhhh....but I digress....
That doesn't sound appealing to me at all. More power to you. Be safe.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Somebody pick up a stuffed animal and see if we can get it from coast to coast.
I wouldn't mind starting it if i can get somebody else in NC get it further west.

Well said Dale, now that is a cool idea. A coast to coast run would be really neat, then lets get it up north to some of those guys in the Seattle area who would be willing to take it to the furthest most NorthWestern corner of the states maybe, then east across Washington. My friend Sam and i can pick it up somewhere along the way in central or eastern Washington and get it up to the Canadian border just north of me. He and I would then be happy to get it over into Montana and meet up with another NC rider!! We'd be willing to grab it in Moses Lake or Ephrata Wa and take it from there up to the canadian border at "East Gate", then south east over to Noxon or Thompson Falls Mt, or even a little further south to maybe Superior, Alberton or even Missoula Mt and pass it off to another NC rider!! Just a thought, but that'd be a kick!! :{)

There is a Goldwing meeting in Pittsburg, Kansas, chicken Capital of Kansas, June 16.
Might be a good chance to piggyback an NC700 meeting.

Back