• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

where is the air filter

FloridaBoy86

Reaction score
Visit site
i know this sounds stupid but ive ridden bikes all my life and cant find the air filter at all. I looked in the manual and all it mentions about an air anything is an air cleaner that needs to be changed at 12 000. miles . So im baffled thx !

i know this doesn't tell you where it is, but my manual says to have the dealer service this type of filter (on page 63)

It is under the front center cover between the trunk lid and the bars. The cover has the trunk release key in it. A bit fiddle to R&R, but not rocket surgery.

Beemer is right, You have to remove some plastics on the top part behind the handle bars. If you take your time, think logically, you can do this without a shop manual. I always check the fitment of airfilters on any new engines that come my way. Clean air is paramount to long engine life.

I did this so long ago I don't remember the steps. But you do have to open the storage compartment! Call that step 1. Oh and their is some sort of monitor on the filter top half, remove that (unclip) before you start pulling it off! It is on the left side (port) when viewing bike from riding position.

Lots of little parts to lose so pay attention and I was thinking about what's in store when the valves need to be done.......... Looks like it's going to be a "fun"thing to look forward to.

That is the most fiddly air filter replacement I've ever seen! Wow! Glad it's only once a year or so.

Yes, it's fiddly. But, there are worse examples. Do an air filter change on a GL1800 Goldwing and you won't complain about the NC700X so much.

To me, the most painful piece is getting the cable guides back in place but after you change the air filter a couple times it gets pretty easy.

That is the most fiddly air filter replacement I've ever seen! Wow! Glad it's only once a year or so.

At around 20k miles I realized I should probably check the air filter. Knowing it would be a PIA, I got a new filter to just change it. I don't ride in the dirt, or live in soot filled NYC any more and the original filter was probably good for another 20k miles. Honda's aversion to having exposed fasteners makes getting to the filter an order of magnitude more complicated than it needs to be.

Curious if anyone has found the air filter not properly sealed/installed from the factory. If so I'll check mine. If not I'd much rather wait until it's due. Got 76 miles on my new 2014 NC700X.

Curious if anyone has found the air filter not properly sealed/installed from the factory. If so I'll check mine. If not I'd much rather wait until it's due. Got 76 miles on my new 2014 NC700X.

Had mine open a few weeks ago for the first time. 2800 miles. No problems.
Vacuumed it clean from a lot of cottonwood tree fuzz and put it back in.

If you are worried, it isn’t very difficult to check. I would guess it took me a leisurely 30 mins to check and vacuum mine and I wasn’t in any hurry.

JT

The dealer is supposed to check the air filter before the bike leaves when new. This is a requirement from Honda. I was told this is something they have to do on all the 'adventure' bikes.

The dealer is supposed to check the air filter before the bike leaves when new. This is a requirement from Honda. I was told this is something they have to do on all the 'adventure' bikes.

I’ll believe that when I see it.

In fact, I’d rather the dealer didn’t even touch the new bike, for fear they’d mess it up. Just give it to me in the crate.

Back