• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

$6099 + 400 for new 2015. Good deal?

Gus

Reaction score
Visit site
Saw this in rural Oregon today. Brand new. $6500 out the door price. I actually like the 2017 model better, and the new 2018 NC750X. Of course more money.Any thoughts?

6099.jpg

Saw this in rural Oregon today. Brand new. $6500 out the door price. I actually like the 2017 model better, and the new 2018 NC750X. Of course more money.Any thoughts?

View attachment 36266
3 years old NOS sounds kind of high. Saw 2014 nos by me in January for $4500. That was a good deal I think.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I just purchased my 2015 NOS last month. OTD with center stand installed for $6300. They ordered it new in the crate.
There were a few used 2015 in my area for $6K OTD so I went new with the warranty and center stand.
I considered waiting for the 2018 NC750X, but the $3K I saved made the decision easy.
Flying out of state to buy that 'killer deal' and riding it home was not an option for me at this time.

I’d let someone else take that hit on depreciation. You’ll be upside down in that bike for at least the first three to four years of the loan unless you put a lot of money down.

It does seem steeper than you need to pay given the availability on CycleTrader of slightly used ones. But, as mentioned before, out of state might not be the best option for your situation. You will take a depreciation hit more so than buying used. You can also consider the additions you’ll put on the bike and how much they will cost.

Becareful with using cycletrader as a comparison............many of those ads do NOT have inventory for sale or delivery.
Cycletrader ad pricing also is NOT comparison to out the door pricing. The add ons come when your really tying to purchase the bike in person.

There are many other post documenting these issues.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm going to let this one go. I like the 2017's much better, but I'm also waiting for the 750x to come out. Anybody know when that will be?
For the record, money is not the overriding issue with me. I'm a keeper of motorcycles so this will be with me for probably 10 years. Getting the right bike is important and also having a good dealership nearby if I need it.

I just bought a used 2015 NC700X with 4k miles off craigslist for $4100.

seems like decent deal.

but I think this bike is not that desirable in the SF bay area.

Last edited:
The price that the OP was given is too high in my opinion. Ask them what they would give you on trade for that same bike if you just walked back in the door with it. You might want to be sitting down. Like others said you will be upside down on that bike for a while unless you are putting down a large down payment.

You might want to scan around nearby Craigslist ads, and even here on the forum there are members who have already put the farkles that most people will want on the bike and you can buy the bikes in that 4-4.5k range. You would literally save yourself thousands in the purchase price and that again possibly in farkles that are already there that you want.

Good luck with the bike shopping.

Go Order your 750 now. I don't think they will get it in before late July though.

...and I just bought a brand new 2015 for $4995 plus the usual charges. I told my Mother (she likes red) that the red one would be $3000 more. But seriously, I thought about waiting for a 2018 750 but I am glad I didn't, the 2015 was a good deal and after 500 miles I am happy with it.

Back