• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mirrors

superdedooperman

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought some cheap mirror extenders off ebay. (Which may be the problem in the first place) While trying to install the mirrors on them, the mirror screws in tight about 90 degrees before they should. So, the mirror is facing away from me. I attempted to loosen the nut at the bottom of the mirror to no avail. Is that nut fixed or are you able to adjust it, as needed? Because if it were adjustable, I would be able to screw the mirror in a bit further allowing it to spin around and be in the correct position.

Has anyone else used cheap, Chinese mirror extenders with any success? I mean, they were all of $7.50 shipped...So, I figured I'd at least try them.

Here is mine... they worked just great... they screw into on top and the nut gets turned to lock it in place... can you take a pic of yours?
MbQvFKX.jpg

I will be able to get a picture this evening. So, the nut at the bottom of your mirror is adjustable? Those look like the extenders I have.

Have yet to be able and adjust the mirrors. Will update when I get the chance. Your picture makes sense though and was very helpful!

Be aware of left hand threads. I don’t remember which, but I think that of the four threads involved with the mirrors, one of them is left hand. My guess is that it’s the one for the locknut on the right mirror.

Here is an older thread: Mirror Extenders

Last edited:
Most motorcycle mirrors are threaded so that if you hit something with the mirror while riding they will loosen, and swing back, rather than break. So, LH mirror is normal RH thread and RH mirror is LH thread.

Hope this picture helps...bottom screws in... mirror screws in, nut locks it in place
D4NLCDw.jpg

Do you happen to remember which way each mirror piece threads? I don't have access to my service manual at the time, but will look and see if it says anything about it.

Last edited:
I’m reasonably certain the right mirror stalk and it’s lock nut are left hand, and the right hand mirror lower adapter that screws into the brake bracket is right hand. Hold right mirror, turn locknut clockwise, when viewed from above, to loosen.

Left mirror stalk and left mirror adapter are right hand thread.

Last edited:
Back