• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cheap and easy seat mod

Gaberloonzie

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy y'all!

I'm new here and new to the NC700x but after reading through most of these post I noticed the seat was a sore spot (har! har!) for more than just me. Here's the mod I just completed, cost $16.95 and the cost of staples, took me less than 20 minutes.

Here's the pad on amazon: Amazon.com: Motorcycle Race Seat Pad for Track Use High Density Neoprene Foam Universal Fit-1: Automotive

Amazon Order.jpg

Here's a look at the pad once I received it:

Seat9.jpg

How it compares to the seat:

Seat8.jpg

Flipped the seat and pulled staples: (I left the staples at the very rear to make it easier to re-install)

Seat7.jpg

Peeled back the cover and fit the pad, I slit the pad along the sides to make it fit down on the sides easier, the seat pad has an adhesive backing so it stays in place really well:

Seat5.jpg

Pulled the cover back up over the seat and pad:

Seat4.jpg

Seat3.jpg

stapled it down and reinstalled:

Seat1.jpg
Seat2.jpg

It took longer to write up than to do the work. I have a little taller ride position and a bit firmer ride. Hope you riders enjoy!

Very nice !
The biggest problem with standard seats is the angle at the upper surface. One tends to slide forward all the time, which takes it’s toll after a while.
This looks like a major improvement.

Hey Gab, when you get some time on this newly refurbished seat let us know how it rides etc! Thanks :{)

Alright gang, after a month of riding and a few multiple hour rides I'm loving the mod. I had a Seat Concepts commuter saddle on my KLR and while this isn't better than that I honestly think it's as good. No fatigue, no soreness - of course the NC platform is just a smoother ride all around but you can't go wrong with this sub $20 modification.

I'm going to try this! I commute and do upwards of 300miles a night.... (I'm a visiting hospice nurse).

Your wife must be nicer than my ex! Mine would have freaked if I did this in the kitchen...... But it's MY KITCHEN NOW!!!!! HAHAHAAHAHAHAH

um, so yeah....

I'm going to try this! I commute and do upwards of 300miles a night.... (I'm a visiting hospice nurse).

Your wife must be nicer than my ex! Mine would have freaked if I did this in the kitchen...... But it's MY KITCHEN NOW!!!!! HAHAHAAHAHAHAH

um, so yeah....

I did it while she was at work - I subscribe to the easier to ask forgiveness than permission attitude! Plus I'm the cook in the house so.... But yeah, I've had several rides of 200+ miles and so far I'm loving it!

I did it while she was at work - I subscribe to the easier to ask forgiveness than permission attitude! Plus I'm the cook in the house so.... But yeah, I've had several rides of 200+ miles and so far I'm loving it!

I'm interested, actually bought the pad already, but one question; what sort of stapler did you use?

I'm interested, actually bought the pad already, but one question; what sort of stapler did you use?

Air powdered staple gun is the way to go.........anything else makes for a lot more work. Hand gun has trouble driving the staple into the base. Harbor Freight has gun for about $10 that actually does work well.

Just got done with the install of the seat pad.
Went pretty well, looks just like the pictures shown earlier in this thread.
My stapler wasn't quite up to task so I chased the staples by hammer and punch on each side, which worked.
I'll test it out over the next week or so, and if need be I'll also add the Sit & Fly cover I got.

Hey Sully - you had a chance to ride around on it yet?

Yes, three days of my commute, ~400 miles total.
Seat position is slightly higher, and the pad keeps me back against the pillion pad.
No tendency to slide forward anymore.
Going to install 19mm handlebar risers this weekend to reduce reach (should allow slight backward tip, too).
So far so good.

Back