• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

crash bars

kansjfr

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, like an idiot, had a tip-over, scraped side fairing, mirror, bar end and slightly bent the shift lever. Unbelieveably, no engine scraping. But the bike is a lot heaver to pick up when it's flat on the pavement than I ever imagined (but, hell, I'm old [68]) Who makes a good engine crash bar that also protects the side plastic, or one that you can drill a hole in, if need be, and attach a frame slider to in order to protect the plastic. By the way, I'm ordering the new parts from ProCaliber.com, because of the info I found on this forum. Thanks.

I am a Givi fan. They are robust. However nothing is perfect and their paintwork is poor but this might not be a problem in a dry salt free country.

I use the SW Motech crash bars and they work well (tested in a low speed low side[emoji849]).

From the perspective of helping the bike land at an angle, the bars that stick out a bit (like the Illium bars folks use on r1200rt’s or police bikes) might be better.

There’s a thread about those bars in this forum - they are from Romania or somewhere.

Edited to add: these are those crash bars that stick out a bit:
Highway Engine Guard Crash Bars Protectors for Honda NC700X NC700S NC750X NC750S | eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For simple tipover the Kijima bars may work for you. I have some I will be mounting soon. I don't think they would be overly useful in a at speed drop however. I also considered the Hepco Becker bar, but there were some reports that there were fitting issues with non-abs bikes so I chickened out on that one.

The Mutazu bars off eBay are great as they stick out a bit further to hold your bike a bit higher off the ground in a tip over. Had an incident in a parking lot pulling out of a parking space with a tall truck on either side of me. Car coming while I pull out and my wheel already turned(valuable lesson learned). Tipped right over when I braked. Touched nothing but the crash bar. Pretty easy to pick back up since it was sitting a littler higher off the ground. Happened only 2 weeks after I put them on! Thankfully, I had them.

Three people saw it happen, including the guy in the car and they all just stood there and stared. I felt like kicking them all in the shins! You could tell they weren’t riders...

So, you blindly pulled out without confirming it was clear, used improper braking causing you to drop your bike, then got mad at the people you pulled out in front of for not helping pick up a bike that my 14 year old son could lift off the ground by himself?

So, you blindly pulled out without confirming it was clear, used improper braking causing you to drop your bike, then got mad at the people you pulled out in front of for not helping pick up a bike that my 14 year old son could lift off the ground by himself?

Eas up dude. He said “lesson learned”, and also that it was easy to lift up. Pretty sure he was referring to their lack of concern. This is one of the friendliest forums I know of. Let’s keep it that way.

Yikes. Didn’t mean to set you off. Sorry about that. Just telling my experience.

I guess we can say you jumped to conclusions because I was pulling up in the parking spot to check for traffic, but had my wheel turned in preparation to pull out. So obviously there’s no braking technique here, just a touch of the brakes and you come to a stop. But as we all know, when the wheel is turned and you come to a stop, the bike wants to go over. And given that I am a very small guy, 5’6” with 29” inseem, I just couldn’t keep it up. Had I had another 2 inches or so, it wouldn’t have been a problem. Because I was so close to saving it.

And I was aggravated because had I seen that happen to someone, I would have hurried over to check on them and help, regardless of the size of the bike. I guess it’s just not in everyone’s nature to care for their fellow man. I don’t feel entitled like they SHOUD have helped, but like PapaC said, just the apathetic looks I got. I picked it up, restarted and got going again no problem. I guess i was implying it was a principle thing. I apologize, I should have made that more clear.

Again, not wanting to set you off, just telling my experience and hoping someone can get something out of it. I know I am appreciative of anyone on the forum who tells their experiences because I’m always looking to learn something from it. When it comes to motorcycles, I never want to get complacent.

Last edited:
Back to the original topic, these Mutazu bars are great for keeping the bar ends and levers off the ground in a tip over. And I like the look of them, too.

Did you have to take off the bottom cowling to install these?
I just got my bike out of storage and plan to take off the highway pegs that I don't use and install a set of these crash bars, that I also hope to never use.

Last edited:
Did you have to take off the bottom cowling to install these?
I just got my bike out of storage and plan to take off the highway pegs that I don't use and install a set of these crash bars, that I also hope to never use.

Yes, you will take off the bottom cowling to access the bolt that secures the bottom of the crash bar. The top has a U-hook that connects straight to the frame where it rests. I actually covered the inside of my crash bar with black electrical tape where metal meets metal on the top anchor point. Just to help provide a slight protection against scuffing.

I would be upset with anyone who stood around when it’s obvious a person needs help.

I’m hoping to find a way to mount highway pegs w/out having to buy pricey engine guards or skidplates.

Last edited:
For these Mutazu bars, when the bike is on its side, what on the rear of the bike touches the ground? Do you also have spools or anything rearward to keep it off the ground back there?

For these Mutazu bars, when the bike is on its side, what on the rear of the bike touches the ground? Do you also have spools or anything rearward to keep it off the ground back there?

It actually sits high enogh that nothing but the rear wheel is touching the ground.

So even on the exhaust side, the can doesn't hit?... that would be great as I was trying to figure out what to get for the back of the bike.

Now, I’m not sure about the stock can, but I have a Delkevic 9” oval slip on and it doesn’t touch. The stock being a little bigger may touch, but I had the exhaust changed out before my crash bars were installed.

I have Givi crash bars, they are kind of minimal but better than nothing. The bike has fallen over a few times, usually when the kickstand sinks while parked.

If I were really planning on using them (crashing) I would consider getting this whole cage style from mmotoraks in Ukrane. I have their rear rack on my bike it is very well built.

Back