• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dunlop Roadsmart III

mzflorida

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just had a new pair of Dunlops Roadsmart IIIs put on. Broke them in for about 50 miles. Let them cool and did another 25. Took it out today. What I can say is that these tires improved ride quality immensely over the stock tires. For me, they are much better than stock in turns. When I say better, I mean that they lean smoothly and evenly into turns curves. Seems like the stock tires kind of fall into the lean. They also feel like they stop a bit quicker. They really give a much more confident feel overall. I wear a modular helmet. So still I get some road noise. Thes tires are substantially quieter...never thought I would find that to be the case, but notably quieter. I am really pleased with them. Hope it helps!

I am in Olympia, WA - we get a little rain up here- and I have praised my Roadsmart 2's for a couple years. Great wet/dry traction, moderate road noise, not horrible in gravel roads, good lifespan. If the RS3's are as good or better, I am certain you'll enjoy the ride.
>T

I put on a set of RSIII's last June and have 8,000 miles on them. There's a bit of a flat area in the center of the rear tire, but there's lots of life left. While traveling I got caught in summer rain storms any number of times and rode for hundreds of miles in the wet and the tires were fine.

I put on a set of RSIII's last June and have 8,000 miles on them. There's a bit of a flat area in the center of the rear tire, but there's lots of life left. While traveling I got caught in summer rain storms any number of times and rode for hundreds of miles in the wet and the tires were fine.

Just had my bike inspected a few weeks ago and saw the advertising for the Dunlop RSIIIs and wondered if it really got the miles they claimed. Glad to hear this review. It is high on my list for my next tire purchase.

If you are ready to pull the trigger on the purchase, Dunlop has a 50 dollar rebate right now through the end of the month. These tires are so awesome I keep taking it out to see if I am kidding myself. They are great and it is not psychological! I did take them out in the rain the other night. Obviously, I did not go crazy with early rain here in Florida because of the oil. But, that said, I did push it in terms of my riding capabilities and experience back behind the airport. I'm telling you these tires are grippy, quiet, comfortable and really improve the handling. My buddy rode it too. Said the same thing. Feels like an entirely different ( better) bike. As an aside, I am still considering the VFR1200X and the Africa Twin.

That's great news! Did you find them to be as good as I did in regard to handling and comfort?

I had a set of Avon Storm 3D before the Dunlops and I liked them more (better when pushed hard in turns), but the Dunlops are perfectly fine.

I only have 1000 miles with the RS3 (T30 before that) and I really like them. They make the bike very nimble, are quiet (both sound and feedback), grip is very good on dry (rear has been grinded side to side) and seems good on wet too.

So far so very good ;) My usage is pure road.

Back