• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Buying a previously owned windshield - ebay

MalcolmReynolds

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I saw what looked like a decent price on a Vstream on eBay. I have been trying to address a handguards contact with the Madstad windshield and thought for the price of $120 for a used screen it would be worth giving it a shot. There was no description of any damages or anything on the screen, but being used I expected to be signs of use.

Well the screen shows up in a large box, there is no packing material in the box. The windscreen just sitting there. The mounting bracket was not secured to anything and was bouncing around inside the box. The mounting hardware was in a ziplock bag that had come open and all the nuts, bolts etc flying around inside the box. The windscreen has scraches and chips from what I can only assume is probably from the flying and bouncing parts in the box. Worse yet on eBay it says the seller does not take returns.

I can understand a few rock chips and that sort of thing from use, but this sustained enough scratches and chips that it looks kinda ratty now. I can't understand why anyone would ship something like this without wrapping and protecting it and securing the parts in the package. This is pretty bad. At this point I requested a return, but will probably have to fight this with Paypal. I may get stuck with this POS at this point which looks pretty bad so I am not putting this on my bike. I am not a happy camper. I can only hope the seller will take this thing back otherwise it might be a donor for someone looking to just try one before buying one. Bad deal.

I hope I can get this resolved. I may at least get to mount it to see if it does in fact clear my handguards and then take it off. That way I know for sure if I should bother spending the money again this time for a new one.

Didn't expect this mess. I normally don't have a lot of issues with my eBay purchases(knock on wood). I guess buyer beware on eBay. Paypal is the only equalizer if there is such a thing I guess.

It happens. I get things poorly packed from Amazon, too. I ordered a trailer hitch for a car and it shows up on the doorstep bare. No box, no wrapper, just scratched and bent metal. Had Amazon ship a replacement and it came the same way. Finally I got one shipped in a box from the manufacturer.

Anyway, I’m sure you can be made whole on the eBay deal. I have had no problems I wasn’t eventually able to work out. The occasional hassle is a small price to pay for the amazingly good transactions that happen most of the time.

It does look like the box was pretty ruffed up. Some damage to the box so it may be the tape the seller used to secure things just didn't hold. There was some tape on things, but it appears not enough to survive USPS. I think the mounting hardware is all there which is a miracle since there are holes now in the box from shipping. I don't know how they managed to stay in the box.

Well I saw what looked like a decent price on a Vstream on eBay.
Worse yet on eBay it says the seller does not take returns.
I guess buyer beware on eBay.

Sucks you got a crap deal, but really you said it yourself.
Seller was up front about no returns; this to me is an immediate NOPE to buy ANYTHING from them.
You went for a deal and got burned.
Thanks for the warning.
Caveat emptor and all.

Seller replied back and looks like he may decide to take the windshield back. So it may work out that I am not stuck with this donor windscreen. The Madstad is the 22". I will get some pictures of it before I swap out windshields so you can see what it looks like on the bike. Once I try out the Vstream and it does fit then I will post the Madstad on the forum for those who might be looking for for the Madstad.

Looks like the seller decided to have me ship the windshield back to him. Initially he said he was just going to refund and have me keep it. I will toss it in the mail to him this morning.

Last edited:
Back