• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lower Cowl Re-Install?

AK Mike

Reaction score
Visit site
I just completed the first oil change on my NCX and had no problems removing the lower cowl for this procedure. But I'll be darned if I can get the prongs to line up with the grommets and still have the screws line up with their holes. What am I missing?

Many thanks as always.

It was just as easy as you say when I did it. I’ve only done it once, but don’t recall have any issues lining everything up.

Hey Skagway... at least you were able to get your lower cover off. One of my allen bolts stripped out and i was not able to get mine off and thus had to do my first oil change leaving the cover on. Not easy, but doable. I picked up some left handed drill bits and will have to "carefully" drill it out/remove it. We'll be seeing how that goes! :{)

From memory there are 4 plugs on top of the screws. Start with the two front ones, then the sides, finish with the screws.

I got it... don't know why it was so fiddly for me, but after the 4th or 5th attempt, I got all of the prongs lined up with the grommets and could bend the cowl enough to seat the screws. I appreciate the feedback and encouragement.

At least my screws weren't stripped... Even though I have a used bike, I was the first one to remove the cowl, so I didin't have to contend with someone else's prior frustrations :)

Next... on to adjusting chain slack and making sure the wheels are properly aligned...

Thanks

Back