• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Re-upholstering OEM NC700xd seat.

smegma11

Reaction score
Visit site
My seat is kind of hard and causes me pain after riding for a while. Has anyone ever just taken theirs off and just had it re-done with more padding and more comfortable material?
After market seats are SOOOO expensive.

Spencer's in FL has redone the standard seats on my last three bikes, including my NC/w DCT.

Punch <Spencer's motorcycle seats> into search and you'll get his homepage.

He does a great job and the price is super-reasonable. :)

Last edited:
I did the Seat Concepts and it's great! $175 if you install it yourself. I did it with the $30 Harbor Freight air stapler. Flatter and more supportive than then stock seat. Also a little taller which I like because I'm tall and need a little more seat to peg room.

Seats are a personal preference and there are several dozen posts on the topic.

Generally speaking softer foam is not the solution to better comfort........because it offer less support.
One example of this firm is good ..........Corbin seats use very stiff or hard foam and many find Corbin seats an improvement over stock. Not saying Corbin is the answer......just do not jump to conclusion that softer foam is the solution to comfort.

+1 on the Seat Mod (above). It’s simple and easy and ultra cheap. But that, and a gel pad or air hawk cushion, will buy you some time and might even change your mind on a full blown seat overhaul.

Back