• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016 plastics removal

smegma11

Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone knows of or wants to do a 2016 NC700XD plastics removal video, I would really appreciate it. There is a very popular one on YouTube that I followed but it didn't say it was a pre-2016 Honda. I got a third through it and couldn't find the screws he was addressing because they weren't on mine.
Thanks in advance.

Congrats on your new ride. I have Service Manuals for both gen NC.
A YouTube video will show up eventually but the Helminc.com SM @$70 is worth having. The panel removal section is 32 pages (34 for 1st gen).
IMO a SM adds to the quality of ownership/longevity for oneself AND the product. That was a mouthful. Honda helps its' products to a long life by providing these pubs.

There are only 3 ‘sections’ that really need to come off if all you want to do is wire up some heated grips or other electronics.

With the mods permission I could take some pictures of the manual. 3-4 pages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are only 3 ‘sections’ that really need to come off if all you want to do is wire up some heated grips or other electronics.

With the mods permission I could take some pictures of the manual. 3-4 pages.

Moderator approves.

Moderator approves.

Here you go. Take the seat off first, two bolts on the back of it when the passenger seat is flipped up.

36cdab35af3a974d423569802a657677.jpg

d934eeee864c316af3a6cfa8f19a14c1.jpg

7c79179851f23ece26b0365b30b06cd5.jpg

e340bda784939d7b82f439f9ded6b570.jpg

I’d highly recommend you take a piece of cardboard and punch the fasteners in holes in a layout that resembles the cover you removed. Even screws that look the same may have different shoulder lengths depending on the thickness or layers of panel that they are fastening. At the very least, use little sandwich bags to group fasteners from specific panels, and label the bags along with any important notes about that particular part. After you’ve done the panel removal about 5 times you’ll start to remember where all the fasteners go.

If it’s not obvious how to operate the reusable clips, refer to your owners manual. They are very easy to operate if you know how, but some people get frustrated with them.

Last edited:
I’d highly recommend you take a piece of cardboard and punch the fasteners in holes in a layout that resembles the cover you removed. Even screws that look the same may have different shoulder lengths depending on the thickness or layers of panel that they are fastening. At the very least, use little sandwich bags to group fasteners from specific panels, and label the bags along with any important notes about that particular part. After you’ve done the panel removal about 5 times you’ll start to remember where all the fasteners go.

If it’s not obvious how to operate the reusable clips, refer to your owners manual. They are very easy to operate if you know how, but some people get frustrated with them.

There are THREE different kinds of those annoying trim clips on the 2016+ (Why Honda, Why?)

1. Two of the 'short' push-button kind that are up front near the headlight. One is upside down under the front plastic and on an angle and hardish to pop.
2. A bunch of 'long' push-button kind that are used to secure the side panels to each other and the frame (seen when you remove the 'fuct'), and back near the passenger grab rails.
3. Phillips head kind that you have to turn like a screw to release, in the rear wheel well.
(Buy extras, I have broken them and I know what I'm doing.)

Bolts:

There are lots of different kinds of bolts. (Honda, please, enough!)

1. 10mm socket bolts that hold front seat on.
2. Another 10mm socket bolt that holds a side panel on, near the turn signal.
3. Silver hex head bolts that screw into rubber grommets, one is up by the instrument panel and the other is way down on the side panel.
4. Different kinds of black hex head bolts that have various amount of 'shoulder' and thread length on them. A rule of thumb is: the more plastic layers they go through, the 'thicker' the shoulder.

A good way to remember where everything goes is to grab a bunch of plastic zip lock bags and your phone camera.
If you remove a bolt/clip, take a picture of it next to where it came from and throw it in a zip lock bag along with other parts from the same area.

After you do it a bunch of times you won't need to do this anymore. :)

Back