• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trying to find a harness number

smegma11

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a new 2016 NC700x DCT ABS and I want to have power for a phone charger on my handle bars. I found a loose connector on my left front fork that has 3 power pins and what looks like a wide pin for maybe ground on it and it is just hanging there unconnected to anything. Honda can't help because it's not listed on the harness diagram. I see a clip next to what I think is the harness on the wiring diagram and it's marked number 25. I am guessing it might be Fog lights or maybe just an unused extra.
I was wondering if anyone has ever noticed this connector on a 2016 NC700X DCT and know what it is and where I can find the correct connector that goes to it. I could run power back to the battery for my iPhone jack but I would rather have it be switched power. If all else fails, when I remove all the plastics, I will just test these wire for power and go from there but I would rather use a Honda Harness for it.
If you look down behind the fairing just in front of the handle bars, you will see it tied to the left fork, pointing down with no cover.
Thanks in advance if anyone has any info on this.

It is for the heated grips. It has a ground and a main switch power plus some kind of signal line to the dash. (GRP HEATER)

Bottom YOP Box:

9b9f61d4c7947d5d6d1a82d2a656fce3.jpg

02c31eab369c3b3a2f103e953d1a7500.jpg

Thanks for the info. I was able to remove a dummy plug, which is what you see in the photo but it's a kind of do it yourself plug to add wires to it. Of course there is no advertised way to get it to work as a real plug. It would have been a great power tap for my handlebar electronics.
Does that mean Honda makes a connector you can buy that fits it for the heated grips?

Thanks for the info. I was able to remove a dummy plug, which is what you see in the photo but it's a kind of do it yourself plug to add wires to it. Of course there is no advertised way to get it to work as a real plug. It would have been a great power tap for my handlebar electronics.
Does that mean Honda makes a connector you can buy that fits it for the heated grips?

The Honda heated grip kit will come with a mating connector on it's harness. But if you have no intention of buying the Honda heated grips, you can tap into the ground and switched power wires feeding this connector for your handlebar power needs. It's not like you really need the mating connector.

The Honda heated grip kit will come with a mating connector on it's harness. But if you have no intention of buying the Honda heated grips, you can tap into the ground and switched power wires feeding this connector for your handlebar power needs. It's not like you really need the mating connector.
Looking at diagrams online for installing these grips, they all show it connecting to the frunk optional power plug.

Looking at diagrams online for installing these grips, they all show it connecting to the frunk optional power plug.

I did the research.

You’re apparently looking at diagrams for model years earlier than yours. 2015 and prior heated grips connect to the accessory harness. However, in the instructions for the 2016+ grips (linked below), I believe steps 33 and 34 shows the heated grip kit connecting to the 3P connector that you identified in the first post of this thread. That’s where the grips get their power and where the signal goes out to the combination meter. Refer to the wiring diagram on page 2 and note the wire colors for the 3P connector and compare to what you see on your bike.

https://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08T70-MKA-D80.pdf

Also note that this same pdf shows how to remove some of the body panels.

Last edited:
Any Idea why they use the frunk connection if it gets power from the P3

On the 2016+ Honda heated grips installation, I don’t see anywhere that it connects to the frunk, so I don’t know what you are referring to.

On the 2016+ Honda heated grips installation, I don’t see anywhere that it connects to the frunk, so I don’t know what you are referring to.
Sorry, I thought I deleted that. I was referring to the older schematics. I found the connector that goes on P3 but after wiring it up I get no power. I have the fuse and relay installed for the other harness. Does this need a fuse put in the fuse holder to give it power, I wonder.

Sorry, I thought I deleted that. I was referring to the older schematics. I found the connector that goes on P3 but after wiring it up I get no power. I have the fuse and relay installed for the other harness. Does this need a fuse put in the fuse holder to give it power, I wonder.

I don't have a 2016+ bike to look at in real life, but the grip installation directions say to install a relay and fuse at the location illustrated, in order to power up the 3P (3 position) connector.. Whether it's the same relay and fuse sold for 2015 and earlier models, I don't know.

I have those two pieces installed. I'll have to just keep trying. The other wire goes to a the dash and tells you when they are on with a little picture of the heated grip.

I have those two pieces installed. I'll have to just keep trying. The other wire goes to a the dash and tells you when they are on with a little picture of the heated grip.

When checking for power at the connector, you did turn the bike's key to on, right?

This is why I'm going to just stick to using a portable phone charger.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insign...enabled-devices-black/5906400.p?skuId=5906400

I picked up a 12,000mAh charger at Best Buy for under $30 and it can charge my phone or small tablet several times. Plus I can take it off the bike and charge the phone while I eat, hike, sleep, etc.
All I need now will be a cable that's the proper length.

Back