• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018 750

I'm headed to Bike week (Daytona) in 2 weeks........curious to see if they have one down there at the Honda Tent. :confused:

I asked my dealer and they did not have any info. Starting to get the itch to buy a new bike but might stick with the NC. Just a newer version.

If it comes in late-summer, they'll probably call it an early release, 2019 model. And historically, releasing a new model during the summer is usually a sale flop because people who wanted to buy a new bike have already made the financial plunge. Early-Spring is when the greatest number of people are antsy to buy a new bike.

The difficulty for manufacturers is juggling new models releases in different areas of the globe so it's often a toss-up in how to make it all happen on time. The countries below the equator have reverse seasons from ours in the US - Feb-Mar is the start of winter in Australia, Brasil, South Africa, etc.

Last edited:
At the DC bike show the Honda people said they expected dealers to be able to order in May or June. Delivery in July or August.

Then again they may have been blowing smoke.

It better be soon because I really liked my test ride on a Triumph Street Scrambler. The NC would be a better long term fit for me but sexy sells.

At the DC bike show the Honda people said they expected dealers to be able to order in May or June. Delivery in July or August.

This is how it was in 2012 when the NC700X came to the USA. I put a deposit on one in May and the last week of July bikes hit dealers across the country.

Last edited:
I asked my dealer and they did not have any info. Starting to get the itch to buy a new bike but might stick with the NC. Just a newer version.

I was thinking the same thing. I've really enjoyed the bike as a commuter in the past 5+ years and 40K+ miles. I don't see a better bike out there for what I need the bike for.

Is ABS and traction control available for the manual version?

Attended Bike Week Thurs thru Sunday (yesterday)..........no 750 at the Honda Tent. I was surprised to see the latest NC700X (2017 model....or is it, 2018??) have a different taillight design.......which I like much better than my 2012. The old design reminds me of the movie "Alien"....where the Alien opens its mouth, and out comes another head.........looks like our taillight. ;)

You must be about 8 feet tall. I don't recall seeing someone make a super ten look that small before. Congrats. I really like those.

:p I was thinking the same thing!

Shoot, my NC is pretty much still new with only 6500 miles right now. Had 4300 on it when I bought it a little over a year ago. I just lowered it yesterday, and I've got Givi side bags in the mail to help with my planned summer runs. I'm retired now, so I'm not sure a new bike is in the budget any way, but I should have plenty of riding time now!

2018 nc750x has some new upgrades; anti traction system (HSTC) and Showa Front suspensions.
Does anyone know new NC750s got these upgrades too?

Sadly, the same answer as last month. No one really knows. And those that do aren't saying. Maybe summer???

And hey, what color?

You can start your own rumor. That's always fun to read. I mean, what else do we have?

Back