• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

0-60

nc700xbarcelona

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
Apologies if this topic has been covered on previous threads, (searched but couldn't see anything), but a friend of mine asked me last week what the acceleration time is from 0-60 mph. He's a car driver only and is obsessed with this particular metric.
I said that I hadn't clue and that it's "fastest enough", but just so that I can satisfy his curiosity, has anyone timed this?
Thanks!

5-6 seconds which is not very fast in the bike world. Then again this bike was never built for speed.

A 0-60 mph comparision it's not a good measure for our bike. There are lot of bikes over there able to do 60 mph just in 2nd gear, and even in 1st.

I agree with the comments above, your friend needs to look for a different bike.

Any way, I would ask him the following question: how many times is he going to need the best 0-60 mph bike?

my cbr can do 0-60 in first gear in about 3.5 second. Really though, I rarely ever need to go that fast. I did find one article that said the ncx can do it in 4.5 second which is still quick.

I believe it was the magazine Cycle World that timed a DCT version at 5.3 seconds and a manual transmission version at 4.7 seconds zero to 60 mph.

As the original posters friend making the enquiry is a car driver the 350Z comparison will probably help him understand the NC's acceleration better.

Merry Christmas all.

As the original posters friend making the enquiry is a car driver the 350Z comparison will probably help him understand the NC's acceleration better.

Merry Christmas all.

Well thats put me in my place :)

Happy Christmas to you too Dave

When choosing the NC as my comuter bike the only Stats that concerned me were price running costs and MPG. As long as it is quick enough to live with traffic in real world conditions thats fine by me

Do you sometimes wish that you hadn't started something ;)
Thanks for all the comments. I'll let him know and that will be the end of the matter, (he's probably forgotten all about it anyway by now)

I am reminded of the old Volkswagen beetle ads that said... "0-60 mph. Yes"

I am not sure why a common use motorcycle has to be faster than a Porsche 911 from 0-60. A sub-six second speed will leave the vast majority of cars in the dust. Unless you are drag-racing another bike, the comparison to cars is more appropriate, because that is who you will be bumping shoulders with in every day use.

After a 25 years of no bike and also being a car guy, I was interested in the performance specs of the bike. It’s no sport bike but I really wasn’t planning on drag racing or running on a track. it is faster than 98% of the cagers in 0-60 and 1/4mile which told me I would be able to hop out into traffic with confidence and have fun in the twisties.

Back