• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700x Crash bars

Has anyone purchased the Mutazu crash bars for a NC700x? I'm looking for good protection and want a crash bar that is wider then the bike. Below is a link.

Mutazu Black 2 piece Engine Guard Highway Crash Bar for Honda NC700S N – Mutazu Inc.
There are a few people here with them. I have been looking at them as well. Givi seems to be the most popular. Someone did say you have to take off the left one if you're going to check the valves.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Do the Mutazu crash bars give better protection?

Completely different. I don't think the Honda bars would do anything in a crash, they are more of a light bar.
The Mutazu bars are good for dirt fall overs and low speed wrecks. I think in a high speed layover they would probably damage the bike. They bolt on in one section, and "clamp" to the frame.
I purposely laided my bike on it's side in the grass (bags not on) to see and nothing but my tires and the Mutazu bar was touching the ground.

This was my bike... (I traded it for a Husky TE610 to do more offload and got a Super Tenere as my main touring adv bike)

7.jpg6.jpg5.jpg1.jpg

Imho the Givi's are the most robust and best engineered without being overkill. Their only weak point is poor paint cover which is done without an undercoat. Sometimes an excess of protective tubing can otherwise spoil the look of a bike. Crashbars are a necessary evil that I personally would otherwise do without if there was a viable alternative.

There are a few people here with them. I have been looking at them as well. Givi seems to be the most popular. Someone did say you have to take off the left one if you're going to check the valves.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

That was me. Don't have to take take the bar off. Just remove the top U-bolt so you have room to remove the plug to see engine crank position. Make sure you put anti-seize on the U-bolt threads as they are stainless steel and will gall and you will not be able to unthread (remove) them and they snap. I replaced with steel galvanized ones from fastenal. I like the bars. If you wanted to you could make or have made for you from a awning shop some covers to block wind when it gets cold and you want to ride some more.

Has anyone purchased the Mutazu crash bars for a NC700x? I'm looking for good protection and want a crash bar that is wider then the bike. Below is a link.

Mutazu Black 2 piece Engine Guard Highway Crash Bar for Honda NC700S N – Mutazu Inc.

Here you go the best price as of a couple of weeks ago was here.

KIJIMA : Engine Guard [405-231]

The u-bolts are stainless steel so you need to put anti seize or some lubricant on the nut or u-bolt when you tighten it otherwise it will Gall and you cannot take them off. I had this problem and I went to Fastenal and got some u-bolts that worked although I had to shorten them down with a hacksaw. You have to take the right u-bolt off when you adjust the valves every 16 thousand miles. Not a big deal.

All the bars that I have seen are close in to the bike and if dropped the bike will lay completely on it's side. Right on top of your leg. I understand this type of guard if you are truly going off road. But the majority of us will not. I go on gravel roads with all my bikes. GW1800, ST1300, CBR 1100XX, and the NC700. I am more interested in my leg protection so I looked for bars that were the classic stand out from the bike. I found them on WeBike.com. They allow you to be able to pick the bike up a lot easier from a drop too. With barkbuster's and these bars you should be covered for a low speed drop. You can also put hwy pegs on them for an additional riding position. Aux lights would be easily mounted on them although that is back a little from the main headlight.

Last edited:
Just put them on mine, as well. I like the look of them and wanted the added "lay down" protection. I'm also in the process of mounting aux lights on them.

I got mine for $149 and free shipping off eBay from Mutazu themselves. Search for Mutazu crash bars for Honda NC700x and you'll find them. I'm very pleased with them.

I bought a pair from ebay as well. They look well made and sturdy. Unfortunately, mine were scratched pretty badly. Deep scratches- looked like they were on a bike that was dropped in gravel. I don’t think that’s the case, there was no evidence that they were ever mounted. I promptly received a pre-paid return label and Mutazu asked for pictures as well. I just received notice that they got the bars and will send new ones soon. I’m in no hurry since my bike is in storage anyway. This makes me happy that I ordered from a company that is here in the states; international shipping and return always adds time,

I just got the replacement bars. These are also pretty dinged up, not as bad as the first set but definitely flawless. Thinking I may just say the heck with it and realize I get what I pay for. Can’t recommend the company though. I’ll email them this weekend but am not holding my breath.

I'm not sure if I posted this earlier or not, sorry if it's a duplicate. I received a replacement set of crash bars from Mutazu and they are also scratched. They're not as bad though. I may just keep them, I hate all of the back and forth and they may not even make a pristine crash bar. Anyone else have this problem with Mutazu products?

I'm not sure if I posted this earlier or not, sorry if it's a duplicate. I received a replacement set of crash bars from Mutazu and they are also scratched. They're not as bad though. I may just keep them, I hate all of the back and forth and they may not even make a pristine crash bar. Anyone else have this problem with Mutazu products?

Aw man, I hate that. I did not notice any scratches or dings on mine. I did a quick once over when I received them, then mounted them.

I never had to contact them so I can't speak as to how well their customer service is. I do recommend the bars though. I really like mine.

Thanks, I like them, they’re exactly what I was looking for. They got the replacements to me very quickly. I wrote and told them that I was less than impressed. I’ll see what they say.

Those looked good but I wondered what:

International Buyers – Please Note :
Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.

means.

I have to say Mutazu's customer service was excellent. They got back to me right away about my complaints. They said they tried hard to send me a perfect pair but I guess this was the best they could do. To their credit, they offered me free shipping and a full refund if I want to return them or a little cash back to keep them. I like the design, they seem well made, so I'm keeping them. They were a good price, now they're an excellent price. I won't get to put them on until May though.

These are the ones i ordere from China. Highway Engine Guard Crash Bars Protectors for Honda NC700X NC700S NC750X NC750S | eBay
Been waiting for a month due to Chinese new years.

I just ordered the exact same ones. I am hoping they are the same bars as the Mutazu and Kijima. The pics look the same. Did you get your bars?

I am now trying to find some highway pegs to mount to these bars. Looking for suggestions on some highway pegs that we can attach to these engine guards.

Back