• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Parts Gurus..........Clutch Disk Part Numbers......?????

M

Moto-Kafe

Anyone know if Honda changed the material make-up of later model NC700X Clutch Disk's..........perhaps making them more "robust" than earlier models?? I don't need a new clutch on my 2012 yet, but noticed different part numbers depending on what year NC700. Just wondering if maybe Honda made a (better) design change after a few years testing in the real world?? They did on the CB500X.......changed a few of the clutch activation pieces. Later model parts will retrofit on the earlier models without effort.........a better design.
mark444

Part numbers are being changed continually but often times it has nothing to do with the final product being more robust. It could be the supplier, color, or some insignificant spec, etc.

Why do you think your bike needs more robust chuck plates?

The stock clutch circa 2012 is more than capable........with “normal” use 75000 to 100,000 miles can easily be attained and expected.

Also the last three numbers in the Honda system often indicate the vendor or supplier ( internal or external) and used to track parts over many years of production. It is often that more than one supplier is used for the same part but the parts are NOT mixed ( in the part bins) and are tracked and numbered separately to maintain records.

There have been a few post on clutches ........one comes to mind where the owner was “real proud” that he burned the clutch out in 20k ???? Clearly abuse ........
Two or three more posts on normal wear at much higher miles. Some with with much larger loading of luggage etc etc.

Last edited:
Why do you think your bike needs more robust chuck plates?

I "never" said or implied my 2012 needed more robust plates.....go back and re-read my opening thread........"Part Numbers". The disks from 2012 to later (2015 or so) have different part numbers, but yet are the same price. I think my question has been answered with the two replies given.
Thanks for everyone's input

Back