• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A useful first aid kit

Tron90

Reaction score
Visit site
While looking at the commercial first aid kits online, I found they were cheap and completely useless for the types of injuries one would encounter at a motor vehicle accident scene. Since I'm no EMT, I started doing research and found some good info on what should really be in a useful first aid kit. Based on what I found, I created an Amazon wish list and put in it what I feel are items that could really make a difference if you arrived at (or were in) an accident.

Here's the list: Amazon.com

It includes items to stop bleeding, sooth burns, bandage wounds, slings and even tourniquets. I also added a multitool and a car safety hammer in the event you need to access a wrecked vehicle. It all fits into the waterproof, roll top bag on the list. I zip-locked items in groups that made sense to keep from having to sort through a ton of individual items.

Admittedly, it wasn't cheap at about $200. BUT, the ones you can buy for $35 aren't good for much more than a minor scrape. This kit can handle serious injuries and keep someone stable while waiting for first responders to arrive.

Mine is now a permanent resident in my frunk. Yes, it takes up some room, but my frunk is now where I keep essential items that I don't want to be without if my ride turns out to be something other than normal: tool kit, spare fuses, cell phone battery backup, flashlight, etc.

I hope I never have to use my first aid kit, but like insurance, I'd rather have it and never use it than need it and not have it.

Thanks for sharing. I agree most first aid kits seem lacking.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

to any kit like that, I'd add two nylon stocking legs! (what did he just say!?)

Each cut to be tube shaped so that if you get HUGE road rash on an arm or leg, you can bandage the rash, then slip the tube over the same arm or leg to hold the bandaging in place.

It's more secure than sticky bandages, and you could use just strips of cloth on the wounds if you had to.

They also don't weigh very much or take up a lot of space.

Last edited:
When I took first aid courses as a young person they taught us to do a lot.
Taking the Red Cross course now is more about what to do while waiting for the ambulance.
As Lemmy wrote about tools, just carry what you know how to use.
I just carry gauze, tape, aspirin, and a rescue knife.
The piece of first aid gear I am most likely to use is a bottle of water, and in fact I have passed out bottles several times.

Back