• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Brand New left over models???

kawboy593

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking to buy a NEW motorcycle (again) for commuting to work on. Was not entirely sold on the NC700X because of the horsepower numbers, but have came to my senses and now realize this machine is perfect for the job. I always buy new, but look for leftovers because you can find real bargains out there. I live in upstate New York and here is what I found:

Brand New 2014 Honda NC700X $4596.00 OTD
Brand New 2015 Honda NC700X $5396.00 OTD

If you knew me, then you would know I went with the 2014 model. The dealer (in Pennsylvania) told me he had Six 2014 units still in crates. That is unbelievable!!!

I picked mine up January 12th, 2018. By the way, the odometer read 0 miles. (I love that)
Price sells. My new bike may be four years old, but I know it was worth every penny. lol

Good for you! I'm glad you got the deal you were looking for.

If more people came to their senses, there wouldn't be any leftover NC700Xs in crates. :)

I do believe that dealers can purchase bikes such as these from other dealers. Also sometimes are leftover bikes sitting at Honda's warehouses in Torrance, CA.

Most dealers can inquiry the dealer network to do a trace on finding a specific year and model within the entire US. Some dealers try to charge a premium for doing this, so be careful and mindful of this.

I just got a 16 for the price you have up there for the 15. I'm super happy.

It was just delivered this Saturday.

And all this is before the 2018’s are out...........so the price on “left overs” will continue to drop and the used market price will also be effected.

kawboy, IMO, that's a very good price!

I see it this way - there's always someone who will pay more, always someone who will find it for less. Price shouldn't matter if 1) you can afford it and, 2) You want it!

I know some people like to sugar-coat everything always trying to do someone else one-up. Me, I could care less so as long as I love it!

Good luck. They are really good motorcycles.

[...Also sometimes are leftover bikes sitting at Honda's warehouses in Torrance, CA...]

Torrance is the corporate headquarters and they do have a small parts warehouse on the grounds but the closest "unit warehouse" for crated units is in Ontario, about 40-miles east. There are other unit warehouses for each region of the country.

[...Also sometimes are leftover bikes sitting at Honda's warehouses in Torrance, CA...]

Torrance is the corporate headquarters and they do have a small parts warehouse on the grounds but the closest "unit warehouse" for crated units is in Ontario, about 40-miles east. There are other unit warehouses for each region of the country.

Thanks! I'll have to let my dealer know. He couldn't find me ANY 2016's last June when I was ready to buy; kept calling other dealers, so I had to travel 40 miles away, instead of the 1 block distance away from my work.

[...so I had to travel 40 miles away, instead of the 1 block distance away from my work.]

Even if they did have leftovers sitting at Corporate Headquarters in Torrance, they don't do direct sales to customers because of the dealer sales agreement.

Thanks! I'll have to let my dealer know. He couldn't find me ANY 2016's last June when I was ready to buy; kept calling other dealers, so I had to travel 40 miles away, instead of the 1 block distance away from my work.

Your local dealer should be able to make an inquiry with corporate on a specific model and year. My local dealer, Honda of Glendale has found some hard to time bikes over the years. I know the owners very well there and they are a pleasure to work with. On a few occassions they have low mileage units in there showroom like new. Several months ago, they had an used 2106 NC700X at a reasonable price. Ask for either Darlene or Kathlene when you call. Be sure to let them know that Bruce referred you to them.

Last edited:
Pricing on 2017 and previous

Once the 2018 NC comes out in April the price on the leftover new ones of previous years is going to plummet. However, I am still skeptical that there is going to be that much of a palpable difference owing to the extra 3 HP and other small goodies from the 2017 to the 2018 models. I am still very interested in a new one but I would have to be convinced that there will be enough of a sensation there to justify spending the money.

To the OP. I also bought a leftover 2014 700x in May of 2016. Not trying to make you paranoid , but , check around the thermostat housing for coolant leaks. My began to leak around 100 mikes or so. Remedy was to put a new thermostat on the bike. .....housing and all. Hasn't leaked since. Could have occurred sue to sitting for 2 years prior to being pressed into service. OR , it could have been a defective housing / o ring - gasket. Have fun and congratulations on a very exceptional motorcycle.

[...Once the 2018 NC comes out in April the price on the leftover new ones of previous years is going to plummet...]

US sales on NCs is so slow that it wouldn't surprise me if they skipped 2018. Out of curiosity, I went to the American Honda website and looked at the NC700X and they list it as a 2016/2017 model.

US sales on NCs is so slow that it wouldn't surprise me if they skipped 2018. Out of curiosity, I went to the American Honda website and looked at the NC700X and they list it as a 2016/2017 model.

For the US, the 700 could only be listed as a 2016/2017 because there will be no 2018. The 700 is being replaced by the 750. However they are not yet showing the 2018 NC750X at all under the list of Adventure models.

Back