• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking for ladies gear

Arkridia

Reaction score
Visit site
I have always ridden on cruisers so never gave it much thought about all gear at all times. I have my mesh jacket that I bought last year and leather gloves. I usually wear work boots and jeans, but seeing I want to start riding adventure bikes I am going to need something that is going to add about an inch so I can flat foot the bike, I can stand on the balls of both my feet so I can get used to that if need to. Also, I have chaps but they are hot in the summer what do you suggest for pants that will not break the bank. I have a strict budget that I live on so looking for inexpensive but not junk. Can someone recommend a good rain suit I had fog togs but they leak within using them just a couple of times. One last thing good place for textile gloves I may decide to buy some to match the rest of the outfit, is there a cataloge that you order from or just online? Thank-you

You can always go to a shop that sells gear, try some things on and get an idea of what works for you. Then hit the internet and price things out! Amazon has a ton of aftermarket clothing that's pretty cheap. (You may have to get out the needle and thread from time to time but it could be worth it!)

Worth mentioning...I've become quite the CycleGear shopper! I like them because they have a lot in stock that you can actually try on. Their prices are decent and they warranty just about everything they sell. There are stores all over the country so you can always find one near where you're travelling.

***Edit to add...I recently bought a waterproof Hi-viz riding jacket at CycleGear for $130. It's very warm, has the inner zip-out lining. It saves me from packing a rain jacket. At the same time, I know I'm NOT going to be wearing it in the Florida summer heat so I searched "Waterproof Mesh Motorcycle Jacket" on Amazon and found a few for less than $100! I like these, again, as they can be beneficial in saving packing space.
As for rain gear...the BEST rain gear I've ever owned was a Harley Davidson brand my dad gave me when he stopped riding. They're expensive but will not let a single drop of water in!!! Unfortunately, they were toast in my wreck a few years ago so now I have a Nelson Rigg that works really well.
Finally, for boots, if you have a BassPro shop near you they have waterproof boots for really good prices!

Last edited:
While any Aerostich product is "great quality", it's not going to be what I call "inexpensive" (what PO is looking for). Quality: Great, Good, Fair........gonna depend on yer wallet."Slightly Used" apparel is probably the best way to get good-quality stuff.........Joe Rocket, Fieldsheer, First Gear comes to mind. "Fair" quality........Bilt (Cycle Gear). I don't care what kind of replacement "warranty" it has, if it Fails on a ride, it's not a quality product. Ebay is a good place to get apparel. I also used "adhuntr.com" to search all of Craigslist for a certain item I am looking for. If it pops up in a state 300 miles away, email the Seller and make him an offer, include a shipping allowance. The worse he can say is "no thanks". True: it's great to be able to try something on prior to purchase, but that typically means "New". Right now (Cold, Winter) is a good time to find stuff on sell. Revzilla it hard to beat when it comes to returns (they easily accept them), but again, it's all new apparel.

My wife wears cowboy boots with a proper vibram sole that looks like a work boot. She likes the heel.

As far as pants, she wears her jeans over the bohn armored underpants.

Neither of these is what I would like her to wear, I would prefer a high end mesh like Rukka, but I am not the boss.

I bought the Bilt Explorer jacket and pants. They've been great all winter, but they breathe like a trash bag in warm weather. The new Explorer Air setup has a removable water proof liner, so you'll get direct venting. Just looked and the jacket is $180 and pants are $160.

[...While any Aerostich product is "great quality", it's not going to be what I call "inexpensive."]

I have to agree 100% with krampus on his point about "life cycle costs."

I've always had proper fabric riding pants but they'd only last about 2-3 years max and none of them really seemed to repel the rain, although all of them were advertised as "waterproof" so I had to start carrying Frogg Toggs with me. I finally decided to give a pair of Aerostich Darian pants a try and even had them tailored for my short inseam which was a bonus. Once broken-in they were comfy and truly waterproof plus I've found that by loosening the straps at the bottom and the generally looser fit of the Darians, they were OK to wear during hot 95+ days. At the opposite end of the thermometer, the looser fit allows me to wear long johns or even denim pants under the Darians without it being too tight.

I typically wash them once a year and re-treat them with waterproofing and they still look like new after 10-years of use!

Back