• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc 700 vs nc750

Arkridia

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking about getting a NC700 but now I see that the NC750 is coming to USA, is it worth paying extra for the 750 seeing I will be riding alone and have no plans on taking the bike off the road. I know he 700 is capable of traveling from doing research on line but I see several people talking about upgrading to the 750 and even before it was coming they wished it was and would like to know why. Is the 700 missing something that I am also missing. I have not test rode one yet but plan to in the spring.

If you're waiting to spring, why not test drive both. If you like the 750 you win, if you prefer a leftover 700 you score a great bike at a better price. Win-Win

I have never ridden a 750 but I think think the savings from getting a used bike bike would be the directions I would go in.

I would hope that the thrill of a NEW bike, especially one in that new blue color (if it makes it to the US), would entice someone to go for the new model. There's nothing like a brand new bike. One without chips and scratches, chain wear, unknown break-in miles.

I'm not sure if there will be any significant technical advancements or improvements, like to the DCT (which could always use it).
Here's what the Honda site is saying:
"The engine gets boosted to 745cc, and we’ve added Honda Selective Torque Control, more suspension travel, a more comfortable seat and a larger windscreen."
Read more at 2018 Upcoming Models - Honda Powersports

Suspension travel in itself doesn't mean much, and Torque Control sounds like wishful thinking. But the comfortable seat and larger windscreen are always a plus.
Out here I would expect to be able to get some discount on the bike, as it hasn't been selling like hotcakes in CA.

I had been planning on buying a 700 as soon as I could convince the boss that life would end without another bike, but I've decided to wait for the 750. Assuming that there's a color that I can stomach, I'll probably be buying one as soon as they get in the local dealer's showroom.

I have ridden both back to back and at the time I remember expressing a marginal preference for the 700 which I owned. My preference was based (from memory) on a slightly more responsive motor on the 700 at lower revs. There is a HP difference but imho it is marginal enough to be insignificant. The 750 motor is in my current X-Adv and tbh its performance is very much the same as I remember in the 700.

In North America it's impossible to tell in advance what the new NC model will (and will not) have. When the revised NC was introduced in 2016, we didn't get the LED headlight nor the new forks other markets did. So take the new features with a grain of salt. I think Griff's point is due to the regearing of 750 for lower rpm at cruise.

I live in Arizona and they have what they call "NC" units, which stands for Non Current or models that never sold. Phoenix had 2015 and 2016 models at a good price and I bought a 2016 last week. I am not a speed nut so I was satisfied with the NC700 plus I couldn't wait until August which was their expected release date in the U.S.

Dealers in Texas seem to think used 700s are worth $6K regardless of mileage, and they aren't discounting new bikes from earlier years to any significant degree. I want a DCT but the situation is discouraging, price-wise. There aren't many available. I read about great deals people on this board have gotten and I think, dang, what is going on here? :confused:

Dealers in Texas seem to think used 700s are worth $6K regardless of mileage, and they aren't discounting new bikes from earlier years to any significant degree. I want a DCT but the situation is discouraging, price-wise. There aren't many available. I read about great deals people on this board have gotten and I think, dang, what is going on here? :confused:

Maybe don't buy from a dealer. I think private sales are often the better deal.

About a month ago saw a NOS 14' in red manual for $4500.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Where I am living the NC700 trade in value it next to $0.00 - reason stated by dealer is that they can't get rid of the ones on the show room floor.

Dealers ( no matter the vehicle or brand) always buy below wholesale value and sell at retail........”so trades are always worth near $0”..............right up until they hit the used sales floor.

So if craigslist NC700 are selling for $2.5-$4K ..............then trade in very likely will be $1-2k..........it only gets worse if the left over brand new units are selling for $4.5k. The used pricing issue is also the reason many dealers do NOT stock left over models and some will only order a left over if it’s paid in full.

Last edited:
I had been planning on buying a 700 as soon as I could convince the boss that life would end without another bike, but I've decided to wait for the 750. Assuming that there's a color that I can stomach, I'll probably be buying one as soon as they get in the local dealer's showroom.

Ditto, if it's black like the new Rebels. They look like real motorcycles, not mobility scooters.

Last edited:
I did end up with a pretty good deal from a dealer. Was searching private sales(a lot of people had them way overpriced in my area) when I came across the dealer. The only one worth going after. It was red(which I wanted), 2013 with 729 miles on it for $4500. No farkles on it, but I was ok with that. I couldn't find a better deal from private or dealer sales at the time.

The only one better was a brand new 2014 red bike from Wisconsin was $4100. But, obviously that was hard to consider since I'm in Arkansas. After I called, the dealership told me I had to buy in person and wasn't able to buy over the phone to have it shipped. Due to some kind of regulation they have. Whether from Honda or the state, I do not know. Not even sure how true that is! :)

Last edited:
Back