• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

3 bikes in 3 months

Twee

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,
I'm a newbie in the south suburbs of Chicago. Close enough to be included in Cook county...unfortunately.
My plan was to get a scooter to ride around town and to my favorite forest preserve to run and hike. I got a Honda Reflex 250. It was a great starter bike to ride while I had my permit. I'm very fortunate to have
a mentor/coach who has given me a lot of valuable advise on riding and road strategy. We have blue tooth in our helmets, so we can talk while riding together.
Next up was a 1981 Honda CM400A. My groovy little motorbike. Just like the Beach Boys said it was. I was going to ride it a year to make my newbie miles and then go to a more powerful bike.
That lasted a month. We found my latest bike at a dealer in Michigan. It had a phenomenal price and was all farkled up for me.
I'm enjoying the learning process and look forward to taking some training come spring.
This forum has been a great place to find information and hear from like minded people.
Cheers!

Here are the bikes.

Scooter.jpg

5   10.19.17  M class today at Joliet DMV. First solo ride to Swallow Cliff.jpg

11.20.17 turn.jpg

Glad to have you on the forum!

My wife has a Reflex 250. It's fun. I ride it almost as much as she does.

By the way, those leg guards on the NC700X look a little familiar! ;)

Last edited:
A similar sequence happened to me when I re-entered riding again. It took a few bikes to figure out what I wanted to do with them and what bikes worked best for me.

So far so good. WPZ and I had a 35 mile ride today after work. It was in the 40's, but I was geared up well and wasn't cold at all. Darkness and hunger made me turn towards home. Loving the bike and feeling more confident in my handling and traffic/ road strategy awareness.
Later this month, I'm going to attend a women's bike club meeting. Not sure if I'll be a regular, but I'd like to at least meet some experienced female riders.

Thanks 1wiseguy2.
I see you are in Rockford. We travel there pretty often to shoot at Pine Tree Pistol Club.
Looking at a paper map, route 2 looks like a great road to ride. Following the Rock river is a trip I'd like to make next year.

Thanks 1wiseguy2.
I see you are in Rockford. We travel there pretty often to shoot at Pine Tree Pistol Club.
Looking at a paper map, route 2 looks like a great road to ride. Following the Rock river is a trip I'd like to make next year.
Pine tree is maybe 15 minutes away max.
I shoot out back in my yard. Several friends are members there. Route 2 is nice. If you have a day I can show you nice rides west of here or in SW Wisconsin.
I have three daughters and one son riding now. Both daughters have NC's. An NC700X and NC700XD. I am impressed by them. I did a lot of research and reading between the lines before I bought the first one. My girls love them. Both have been lowered as they are both 5'7" tall.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Next up was a 1981 Honda CM400A.

View attachment 35312

HONDAMATIC - Running away...

I have to give you credit for sticking with that bike as long as you did. I had a 1976 CB750A, worst bike I ever owned.

CONGRATS on the getting the DCT model. I am sure you are very pleased with this bike when compared to the Hondamatic.

Back