• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member from San Jose, California

Windwalker

Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up a new 2017 NC 700X on November 5th. I have been riding for 17 years and this is my 2nd bike. Yes, I kept the first one a long time. It was a year 2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200 with 122,000 miles on it before it started making some really expensive sounding noises. At any rate, I have high hopes that I will be riding the Honda for just as long. :)

Welcome.
You will find this bike ideal for urban and relaxed riding.

I have a question for Californians who can lane split. Does it affect your choice of aftermarket goodies, like mirrors or forward pegs.

Welcome to the forum. I'm in Monterey county myself. Instead of having panniers I chose to ride with only a top box for relaxed filtering.

Hello from the Southern Central Valley. I have had my NC now for 6 months and enjoy it every time I use it. I just spent 8 hours riding today with my dad. 350 miles total.

Yes, lane splitting does make a difference when choosing accessories. I am planning on just using a top box, no side panniers. It also can make a difference when choosing a bike. The NC 700X is pretty good, but it has slightly wider handle bars and both the bars and the mirrors are slightly higher than my old Bandit. The higher position tends to line my mirrors up with the mirrors on pick up trucks and SUV's which make splitting a little more difficult. Nothing too dramatic and I'm not a really enthusiastic lane splitter anyway, it just takes a little bit of extra caution.

Yes, lane splitting does make a difference when choosing accessories. I am planning on just using a top box, no side panniers. It also can make a difference when choosing a bike. The NC 700X is pretty good, but it has slightly wider handle bars and both the bars and the mirrors are slightly higher than my old Bandit. The higher position tends to line my mirrors up with the mirrors on pick up trucks and SUV's which make splitting a little more difficult. Nothing too dramatic and I'm not a really enthusiastic lane splitter anyway, it just takes a little bit of extra caution.
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new bike.
I'm a fairly aggressive rider including when splitting lanes. The way I see it as long as your side cases are narrower than your handlebars (in my experience at least) it won't give you any problems splitting.
I live in Los banks and commute to Morgan Hill.
Bay area traffic does get really thick and some are not very courteous so stay in your comfort zone and stay safe

Welcome from SoCal.

My son attends CSUMB and I go up there time to time. My last trip up there I rode up to Alice's Restaurant. Great sandwiches and berry pie.

IMG_8449[1].jpg

Welcome Aboard.

It is a great bike. I think you will find it is good for short or long trips, even some dirt. I added a Madstad and a more comfortable seat to mine, which made it much more pleasant for distance rides. I put 6000 miles on mine in the first 6 months and had not a single problem with it. Hope you enjoy your new ride.

Welcome to the forum! I think you enjoy this bike when used for commuting. I have only had this bike just shy of 5 years but it is the longest I have ever held onto a bike. That has to mean something.

Hey there Windwalker - I'm in the same area and looking to buy myself. Where did you end up buying your NC700? Yelp reviews for the local dealers are terrifying.

Hey Brillot2000 - I live about 2 miles from that photo, right off Skyline. Look forward to making that ride every (dry) day once I have my new bike :)

Welcome to the forum from Vermont. I don't know what it is but every time I ride away from where the bike was parked last I get a forced by nature grin on my face and I am transformed in an instant into an aged hooligan. I don't know what magic Honda wrought when they designed this bike but it gets me every time I ride, I love the way this bike rolls.

Back