• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to turn off running light turn signals?

chef

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

New to this forum but I figured this might be the right place.

Shipping my NC700x from sunny California to snowy Switzerland.
Looks like there is a hell of paperwork in my future. But before that I know that I have to change my front turn signals so that they do not function as running lights as for some reason that is not allowed over here.

The simple question is. How to do that? How can i turn that off while still having them work as turn signals?
Tried to find the answer but no luck so far.

Any help is much appreciated

Off topic but noticed that you have your location as Basel City. I will be on a Rhine river cruise later this month starting in Basel after spending a few days in and around Zurich. I am sure you will get some assistance from someone on the forum regarding your lighting question. Off the top of my head I wonder if the bulb is a double filament bulb and it could be as simple as replacing it with a single filament. Of course that may have the opposite effect of what you are after and only run the running lights. I am still slowing learning about the NC.

I don't have a wiring diagram with me but there are three wires that go to the front turn signal lights, all you have to do is cut the wire that provides the power for the running light.

Or you could put a single filament bulb in the housing.

Off the top of my head I wonder if the bulb is a double filament bulb and it could be as simple as replacing it with a single filament. Of course that may have the opposite effect of what you are after and only run the running lights.

Generally single filament bulbs have the contact for their single filament in the same location as the high power filament on the dual filament bulb. It should work and depending on what tools you have available this might be the simplest solution.

Last edited:
Back