• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda NC700X with shifting's problem.

gigiluciecu1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone! I have a problem with DCT. When the bike is cold, DCT works perfectly. When the bike warms up, almost always after 20 minutes, the DCT does not scale longer and the gear start to blinking. If I let the bike cool, DCT resumes running until it warms up again. The shift mechanism is ok, but the Honda mechanic does not know what it can be. DTC marks error 57. According to me is the TR sensor or the shift control motor. Do you have any ideas?

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

"but the Honda mechanic does not know what it can be. DTC marks error 57."
True statement.
Find another mechanic, one who knows what s/he is doing.
IF the DTC code is indeed 57-1 the problem is in gear shift parts or sensors
and any competent mechanic should be able to fix it.

Last edited:
"but the Honda mechanic does not know what it can be. DTC marks error 57."
True statement.
Find another mechanic, one who knows what s/he is doing.
IF the DTC code is indeed 57-1 the problem is in gear shift parts or sensors
and any competent mechanic should be able to fix it.
Choosing another mechanic is what I was going to do. But having minimal experience on the mechanics, having had a Vespa PX piece and a piece of work, if the defect of my NC700 is a defect already happened to others, I could have solved it by saving money.

I heard of a DCT "reset" at some point in the history of this bike. Perhaps others on here might know more about this ? However the DCT system is a very sophisticated one and I doubt very much if any home mechanics would be familiar enough with it to tackle any problems without proper training. Furthermore, having been around this forum for a few years I have heard of very few incidences of problems with the system. I wonder if low voltage in your battery could be contributing, or a poor connection in some of the relevant wiring connectors ?

I heard of a DCT "reset" at some point in the history of this bike. Perhaps others on here might know more about this ? However the DCT system is a very sophisticated one and I doubt very much if any home mechanics would be familiar enough with it to tackle any problems without proper training. Furthermore, having been around this forum for a few years I have heard of very few incidences of problems with the system. I wonder if low voltage in your battery could be contributing, or a poor connection in some of the relevant wiring connectors ?
IMO, there are more knowledgeable members on this forum than a novice mechanic on Honda dealer's payroll.
Anyway, the way dealerships operate these days is via EBD feedback. If there is no error code (DTC) they will tell you: "We've never seen this before..."
The OP issue is that it runs fine and causes shifting problems once the engine warms up.
Could be any number of mechanical or electrical Gremlins waking up. :)

I think our DCT is not so complex. In fact, it has a fairly simple mechanics and is no different from that of the traditional gearbox. Electrical and electronic issues are solvable because there are few electronic components. In this case, the error reported by the DTC clarifies that this is the TR sensor or the shift motor control. I see what happens to me, I think it is the shift engine control controller that, when it warms up the engine, fails to give the right impulses, blocking the gearbox. In my opinion, the TR sensor works properly because when I turn the bike on and on, the correct gear (1, 2, 3, etc) is indicated on the instrument panel. So for me the shift motor control is broken. I only have a doubt: having just bought the bike, I do not know if the gear oil may be worn out, once overheated, it can cause these problems. I forgot: the battery is 100% working.

The DCT runs on the engine oil; it has it's own oil filter, but that's it- no 'gear oil' there. Some people have found the sensor connections damaged due to a bump/drop, so that might be worth checking. The lower fairing needs to be removed by removing two hex head screws on either side, then pull the fairingoff (it's held at the front with pins in rubber grommels).

The DCT runs on the engine oil; it has it's own oil filter, but that's it- no 'gear oil' there. Some people have found the sensor connections damaged due to a bump/drop, so that might be worth checking. The lower fairing needs to be removed by removing two hex head screws on either side, then pull the fairingoff (it's held at the front with pins in rubber grommels).
What sensors do you mean?
d0a00db0ec86d39fe4afdd49d6861a04.jpg

Hello! The mechanic told me that the shift power motor was broken in the electronic part. It is to be replaced.

I could have replaced it from me, spending a lot less

Last edited:
Hello! The mechanic told me that the shift power motor was broken in the electronic part. It is to be replaced.

I could have replaced it from me, spending a lot less

So what is the final diagnosis and repair?

P.S. The NC700X has a manual transmission. The NC700XD has the automatic ("dual clutch")

Last edited:
Back