• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

looking for Winter Gloves Recommendations.. Non Electric..

SleepyC

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have any first hand (pun intended) experience with some good cold temp gloves?

I wanna ride into Nov here in Ohio and my current gloves SUCK.

Also.. I have insanely big hands. Most gloves I take a 3X or 4X and they hardly fit so the extreme Italian brands usually don't work for me.

Love some thoughts!
I wanna keep commuting and at 6am, it's already 40 deg F, probably be back in the 30's before long.

I have a pair of Olympia winter gloves that have worn extremely well and have been about as good as any I've had for warmth. No doubt some are better, and my hands still get cold, but I have no reservation recommending these. They must have at least 40k miles on them at this point - could be double that, I really don't know - and the leather looks almost new, which I find pretty much amazing compared to other gloves I've owned that wear out in half the time. Only problem is they are probably six or eight years old so I doubt there's any exact new equivalent. The tag says "Style #4350" if that helps, no other indication of model, type, etc.

Love some thoughts!
I wanna keep commuting and at 6am, it's already 40 deg F, probably be back in the 30's before long.
I’ve used Carhartt insulated work gloves (not waterproof) for years as my cold weather riding glove. They aren’t armored m/c gloves, but they are warm, relatively inexpensive, and have lasted a long time. For more $$$, waterproof ski gloves would also be worth a look at.

Ray

I bought a pair of snowmobile gloves that I use in November & December. It takes a while for the heated grips to be felt through them, but the combo of the grips, the hand guards and the thick gloves has proven enough 90% of the time. And for really frosty days I wear a very thin glove liner too. This traps a small layer of air that your hands can heat up quickly. In fact I don't even get to wear the snowmobile gloves until the mid 30's because the my mid-weight gloves + liners + grips/guards are quite effective.

It sure was a cold one this morning SleepyC, so I drove.
But I have a good winter pair of gloves with (unfortunately) a HD logo on them. The do make good riding gear, IMO, but they were nearly $200.

Depends on your budget.

Lee Parks Design DeerSports PCi
Hope you were sitting down for that one. I dont have direct experience with these gloves but had a pair of gloves from Roadgear - out of business - that used the Outlast fabric - magic stuff.

Aerostich Merino Wool Insulated Elkskin Gauntlets - Elkskin and Deerskin Gloves - Gloves - Clothing :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear
I'm an Aerostitch fanboy and I think these are my next winter gloves..

Olympia 04102 WeatherKing Extra Touch

| Olympia Gloves

I use these and like Glenn C posted above the Olympia stuff is quality

AGV Sport Telluride Touring Gloves - RevZilla
These get good reviews not only from Revzilla but Web Bike World as well.

Any glove will do better with a liner or what I like to do is add wind protection and insulated air by using a rain cover.
Aerostich Triple Digit Covers - Rain Glove Covers - Gloves - Clothing :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

Good luck

I have tried different winter gloves with mixed feelings: too bulky, light enough but not quite warm enough, no dexterity, you get the picture. And the same with heated gloves. Mixed bag once again. Finally bought heated glove LINERS that I can wear inside of any glove I particularly like, and bingo, found that that works best for me.

I have tried different winter gloves with mixed feelings: too bulky, light enough but not quite warm enough, no dexterity, you get the picture. And the same with heated gloves. Mixed bag once again. Finally bought heated glove LINERS that I can wear inside of any glove I particularly like, and bingo, found that that works best for me.

Always wanted to try heated gloves; never have. Biggest source of friction to me is how to do the electrical hook-up? Want to avoid the five-minute cord-dance I've seen others perform to wire all their heated electricals. I've thought of trying to wire some sort of clever connector near the bar ends with a length of coiled cord; never went further than just thinking about it.

How do you solve this problem?

Also, a link for the liners you like?

Always wanted to try heated gloves; never have. Biggest source of friction to me is how to do the electrical hook-up? Want to avoid the five-minute cord-dance I've seen others perform to wire all their heated electricals. I've thought of trying to wire some sort of clever connector near the bar ends with a length of coiled cord; never went further than just thinking about it.

The first thing I install on a new bike is heated grips and the second is a wire harness for heated clothing. There is no bad weather for riding, just bad clothing for riding.

I run the female end out under the left front side of the seats so the connector is right there and easily connected and disconnected and the cable does not scuff or mar the paint finish at any point.

I have a pair of Gerbing ( I know, the originals are out of business) G3 medium weight gloves. The build is thin enough to feel heat from the grips and still have dexterity and good tactile feel. Very thick insulated gloves aren't good for me, too thick, too bulky. With electric grips and gloves I can ride in the twenties without losing feel.

Bought a pair of Gerbing micro-wire liners at a motorcycle show years ago. They are extremely thin and they are wired to heat more of the fingers and hand rather than just the back of the hand and fingers like some of the gloves do; I spent a bunch of bucks on one pair of heated gloves that only burned my knuckles while my fingers froze. Over the liners I wear leather lighter weight insulated gloves with a long gauntlet. Yes, the suiting up takes a little extra time but that’s my trade-off for being able to stay in the saddle as long as I want. I ran a pigtail from the battery through the plastic parts to a spot by my left knee. And I always wear an electric vest when I’m wearing the glove liners which makes it easy to plug into the sleeves at the cuff. I use a dual controller so I can turn on the glove liners and the vest or just one or the other. And with the vest, plugging into the bike is pretty quick and easy. The hot lead drops out by the bottom by the zipper and plugs into the controller which I clip to the pocket of my outer jacket and that just plugs into the pigtail at my knee. Easier than it sounds here. �� I imagine heated grips would be the cats pajamas but I just never took the plunge. Off topic, but if you’ve never tried a good heated vest, it’s worth every penny. And a good one makes a nice jacket liner even if you choose not to plug it in on a given day. I can wear that over a tee shirt and then my crash jacket on top and be toasty warm into the 20’s.

Last edited:
Got a pair of these dudes on sale.
They are Snowmobile/winter touring gloves... reviews all over the interwebz seem to say they can handle 19deg f all day long.. so we will see.
They are wind and waterproof as well.

KL-3087001120000-PRIMARY.jpg

Got a pair of these dudes on sale.
They are Snowmobile/winter touring gloves... reviews all over the interwebz seem to say they can handle 19deg f all day long.. so we will see.
They are wind and waterproof as well.

View attachment 34942
Model name or number? Link?

I saw a guy on youtube using surgical gloves inside his regular winter gloves to keep the warmth locked in. According to him it works! (he drives around in Russia so it must work☺)

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

In winter, I use the "Held Freezer 2" gloves daily. Spectacular. Very warm, with protectors, goretex and leather. I speak of European winter.

Back