• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

5th Annual AIMExpo 9/23-9/24

Techrat

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone going besides me?

5th Annual American International Motorcycle Expo (AIMExpo)
Greater Columbus Convention Center
Columbus, Ohio.

Sep 21-22, Dealer days
Sep 23-24, General public

I may drive, I may ride. Not sure yet.

I'm staying with my son, who lives in Dublin OH, and we'll be going for part of Sat and Sunday. If anyone is planning on going, send me a PM with your phone number and I'll send you mine.

I'll be working in the MSTA (Motorcycle Sport Touring Assn) booth on Saturday morning, 10-12...then walking around to look at all the stuff! :D

That's tempting, only 2 1/2 hours away. But it looks like it's going to be beautiful weather for an all day ride with my daughter, don't think I can pass the ride opportunity up at this time of year. Probably cheaper too as the expo will just tempt me to buy stuff!!! :cool:

That's tempting, only 2 1/2 hours away. But it looks like it's going to be beautiful weather for an all day ride with my daughter, don't think I can pass the ride opportunity up at this time of year. Probably cheaper too as the expo will just tempt me to buy stuff!!! :cool:

Ride TO the expo.... :D 2 birds one humane cage! (sorry animal lover)

I'm going to try.
My wife parents are coming in from Florida which to me means ... LEAVE Get BUTT TO EXPO.... but my wife has other ideas for me... like hang out with her parents.
In-laws... OR... motorcycle expo and a 2.5 hour ride (each way) in perfect weather.... AHHH how to make this work and not be in the dog house for weeks... Hmmmm. :D

Ride TO the expo.... :D 2 birds one humane cage! (sorry animal lover)

I'm going to try.
My wife parents are coming in from Florida which to me means ... LEAVE Get BUTT TO EXPO.... but my wife has other ideas for me... like hang out with her parents.
In-laws... OR... motorcycle expo and a 2.5 hour ride (each way) in perfect weather.... AHHH how to make this work and not be in the dog house for weeks... Hmmmm. :D

Oooh, now I wish I was in town to ride down with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I might sneak this in. Plan to leave at 7:30am-ish tomorrow... get to the show by 10. Hang till like 1 - 2ish and head home...
Hope to see some sweet bikes and maybe find a pair of winter riding gloves. That will keep me riding into November (I hope)

The Expo was "OK" just people showing wears... no sales. I wanted to find a good set of winter gloves but no one was selling.
I did sit on a 2018 Yamaha Super Tenere and a KTM 1290R.. and I want both of them. HAHAHAHA

Anyways. here's some pics... (just from my phone, no cam today)

Columbus Moto Expi - Google Photos

My primary interest yesterday was taking demo rides on a Vstorm 650 and a FJ-09. The Vstorm was peppier than a NC and the seat was comfortable, but no more room between the seat and foot pegs and the riding position was very straight up. The FJ was really nice: no knee or hip cramps, ok seat, not bad wind screen, very zippy, nice suspension and brakes. The only real issue is the grips get very buzzy above 4,000 RPM, and even in top gear that's just over 60 MPH. I rode around on some of the back roads here in Dublin and the NC is much smoother in the 70-75 MPH range. Disappointing; I was really looking forward to a SPORT tourer.

[...I wanted to find a good set of winter gloves but no one was selling...SleepyC]

If you wanted to buy gloves, why didn't you just go to Iron Pony? :eek:

Last edited:
[...I wanted to find a good set of winter gloves but no one was selling...SleepyC]

If you wanted to buy gloves, why didn't you just go to Iron Pony? :eek:

I wanted a "Show deal"

I did try on a set from one manufacturer which was nice as I now know I take a 4X in their gloves.. my dumb hands are huge... usually can't find gloves that fit.

That Benelli looks like a pretty nice bike! Some other good looking rides too. Still, I took my daughter on a 350 mile, 8 hour ride on Saturday and had a great time. Arriving home she was disappointed and said that we need to do more long rides. Yes we do, yes we do!!

I see they had Kenny Roberts bright yellow Yammy there! I remember as a child watching him and Barry Sheene duke it out with the 1979 British Grand Prix being especially a fine battle between the two. The leadership kept changing back and forth before KR pipped BS by less than half a second!!

Not many sales at the show but plenty to look at.
View attachment 34904

I didn't get this booth... I'm not a prude or an uptight person at all. In fact I'm usually the trouble maker, but the stripper booth made no sense in the setting it was placed.
Their products were so far removed from the "booth" I didn't;t even know what they made.

Back