• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Got my Shad Seat; however...

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok...got my Shad seat. Love it...very comfortable. I haven't ridden on it; I've only sat on it in the garage.

However, a day after my husband installed it, I noticed a 1/4" tear in it.

Now, I can't say for sure one way or the other if it was like that when I got it or if my husband inadvertently did it when he installed it because he's very careful with things like this. I think I thoroughly inspected it when it arrived, but maybe I didn't. The location of the tear is sort of hidden. It's on the folded-down edge at the right rear of the front seat where the rear seat meets it when closed.
I'm including pictures but not sure if you'll be able to see what I'm talking about.

I contacted Shad to see if they had any suggestions as to what I can use to "repair" it. And now I feel like back-peddling as I said to them that I thought my husband made the tear in it but I'm not sure.

There are all sorts of leather, plastic & vinyl repair kits but I have no idea what would work best. They didn't have anything in the Shad FAQ's for this and the customer service guy had no answer except to say he would see what the Tech support team suggested. I waited about an hour for an answer on the Chat service but it closed out. But he then sent an email asking for pictures.

Has anyone experienced this and if so, what did you do to keep the tear from getting bigger?

I'm surprised that they had no answer for this; surely, this has happened to others?

Thanks for any help on this.
View attachment 34744View attachment 3474420170912_155656.jpg20170912_155621.jpg20170912_155802.jpg

Happens a lot to seats. Anywhere they contact or rum it can happen. (Although from your description it was maybe cut?)

I fixed my one seat that had a rip with superglue. Carefully apply to one side of the tear towards the inside of the hole and then bring over the other side. Does not take much glue, like less than you think. It should heal it right up.

I fixed my one seat that had a rip with superglue. Carefully apply to one side of the tear towards the inside of the hole and then bring over the other side. Does not take much glue, like less than you think. It should heal it right up.

I'll give this some thought.

I've already seen this when me and my friend bought two shad seats. One of them had the similar damage, we repaired it in local shop, sent the proofs and got a patrial refund (for parts and labor done).

Back