• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

ANKER Compact Multi-Function Car Jump Starter & Power Bank

BigGuppy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After the used bike needed a jump twice in one month, I knew I needed some sort of jumpstarter besides the car. CostCo had small jumpstarters with USB ports on them, but online reviews said they weren't reliable. And I didn't see anything I liked at the auto parts store.

On the other hand, my wife's ANKER phone charger is the most reliable one we have, so I was pretty happy to find this model online:

anker.jpg

It charges your phone, it jumpstarts your vehicle. At $79.99 it ain't cheap. And I haven't had cause to jumpstart with it yet. (If it fails I'll amend the post accordingly) But it's provided immediate peace of mind.

It's hard to find in stock online right now; maybe they're coming out with a new model soon. I did manage to get one at this link:
Walmart - AnkerDirect - Anker Compact Multi-Function Car Jump Starter and Portable Charger Power Bank with 400A Peak Current, Advanced Safety Protection and Built-In LED Flashlight

Last edited:
Anker stands behind their stuff too. 18 month warranty on their batteries. Wonder if it's the same on this.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Anker, a new battery might be cheaper. I have a 2012 with the original battery and have had no starting issues [yet]. It's probably nearing the end of it's life though. I have installed a charging pigtail in the frunk and keep it charged when I'm not riding.

I didn't see an Anker product when I bought my mini jumpstarter or I'd have bought it instead. I've had perfect results with their gear.

I haven't had a chance to use the one I got yet, but it took a full charge and has held that charge for months. I hope that's a good omen, because this isn't the kind of thing you check very often. I kind of stowed it away and forgot about it.

The new version of the Anker (PowerCore Jump Starter mini) is on sale on amazon.ca (Canada) at $75 Cad. It's been selling for $99 Cad for a while, so I jumped on it.

Back