• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Adjustable clutch lever - recommendations?

lue42

Reaction score
Visit site
I looked around the forums and wasn't able to find any recent threads about this, so I thought I would ask for recommendations for an adjustable clutch lever.

I am finding lots of options, at lots of price points. Does anyone have an aftermarket lever and want to offer your opinions on it? I have the adjustable brake lever, so I am only looking for clutch and I am not looking at a folding type. I am assuming that anything listed for a 2013 NC700x will fit my 2014 NC750x (let me know if that is wrong).

I am leaning toward one of the first two below.
(below is Canadian $, incl shipping)

Cheapest I have found is Aluminum, $23 - actually includes both the clutch and brake levers.
CNC Long Brake Clutch Lever For Honda NC700S/NC700X 12-13 CB919 Hornet 900 02-07 | eBay

Next up, a titanium one, $66 (plus duty?)
Honda NC 700 X 2013 Biketek Adjustable Titanium Clutch Lever / Black Adjuster | eBay

A little more is this $90 (plus duty?) from Webike
DAYTONA : Aluminum Adjust Clutch Lever [91568]

After than it goes up a lot. There are a number around $125 on webike and the Puig one for over $150.

Unless one has a a particularly small hand, adjusting the free play in the cable, at the lever, obviates the need for an adjustable clutch lever. Screw the adjuster in to move the clutch engagement point closer to the handle bar. To check that the clutch fully disengages after adjusting, shift between neutral and first to see if there is any lurching and/or the idle speed doesn't change.

Still totally happy with these in the thread linked below. Adjustable clutch lever is nicer than having a bunch of slop in the cable adjustment -- it keeps the lever closer rather than flopping around, sometimes close and sometimes not so close, and the feel is more positive all the time. The handle shape of the lever also workes better for me.

eBay brake and clutch levers with an aside about Tusk and Barkbuster handguards

s-l1600.jpg

Still totally happy with these in the thread linked below

After a ton of searching I don't know how I missed that thread. I totally agree with you about the floppiness and slack in the lever. I recently adjusted it all the way out so clutch engagement was from the beginning of pulling it. Over a few rides I brought it back in and now have it so the clutch engagement is about 1/2 way in and it feels great/works but still don't like having to reach out for it.

Cross border from US is usually a hassle for us Canucks. As they are pretty close to your recommended ones, I might just go with the first one - the $23 aluminum ones. If they don't work well, it is not a big loss. Who knows, I may just get the shipment before I put it away for the winter.

Thanks for your input as always

Last edited:
I only wish I could get such well-designed levers for this price to put on my WR250R.

Follow-up:

I ordered THESE (link) on August 11th and they arrived on Sept 11th.

The feel high quality. They took about 15 minutes to install... really easy. I replaced my brake lever too, even though it is adjustable OEM so they are the same feel and colour (new ones are shiny chrome).

I haven't ridden yet, but tested the clutch play and brake. Everything seems to work great. The closest adjustment is too close and the farthest is too far, so I am sure I will find one in the middle that is perfect.

For $22 CAD / $17.75 USD you can't really go wrong with this.

Due to my paranoia, I will carry the OEM brake levers and necessary tools with me for the first few rides in case I need to adjust or replace - but I am sure that won't happen.

X4YoRhr.jpg

EPSsD0j.jpg

I ordered THESE (link) on August 11th and they arrived on Sept 11th.
Hi lue42; I know it has been a while since you posted this, but are you still happy with the levers? My left hand is starting to kill me on the clutch, and was wondering if you were happy with these long-term (especially the adjustable clutch lever). Thanks!

Back