• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tire got screwed

jayceegee

Reaction score
Visit site
This morning I found a screw in my front tire. Pretty small and was embedded in the thick part and not in the tread. Removed it and 10 hours later not leaking air. The amount of screw in the tire was about 3/16 if I had to guess. When I held the screw in the tread that about equals the depth it was in the thick part of the tire. Question is, safe or not. Will it completely burst on the road or as I am thinking it never did get penetrated because not leaking air. What to do ???

It could have damaged the cords in the tire without causing a leak. If the screw was a small diameter, and not very far in, it probably didn't cause enough structural damage to cause a catastrophic failure. I would suggest keeping an eye on the tire to see if a bubble forms in the tire. If not it's probably fine.

It could have damaged the cords in the tire without causing a leak. If the screw was a small diameter, and not very far in, it probably didn't cause enough structural damage to cause a catastrophic failure. I would suggest keeping an eye on the tire to see if a bubble forms in the tire. If not it's probably fine.
+1 I concur.

Probably a Harley screw... :rolleyes: you're lucky, I wasn't as lucky, I had a nail on my brand new bike / tire earlier this year 2 weeks after I got it at 500KM threw it out, I didn't like and feel safe with the idea of patching it.

Better luck than me too. I picked up a drywall screw in my 2 week old PR4 on the way to the Smokies. Had to buy a PR3 (all they had in stock) or cancel my trip.

Never go where home exterior or framing contractors have been either ; }

Anybody ever try Dynaplugs? I have used these twice now, on my bike and my car. They are extremely easy and fast to use, and very effective. I expect them to last the life of the tire.

Dynaplug(R) | Products

Back