• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What's on your motorcycle

rippin209

Reaction score
Visit site
So what have you added or changed to your motorcycle. Any mods you regretted or would have done differently.
What do you use your motorcycle for mainly? Post up pics and let us know.

I'll start
70263676788e8104b39a5f30be4173f9.jpg

I bought my 2013 NC700X used with 5,000 miles on it. It came with center stand OEM side cases, light bar and the power outlet in the frunk and heated grips. The OEM power outlet has a 1 amp max so I would recommend going aftermarket. The first thing I added was a set of bark busters, I got the VPS set and think I would prefer the STORM now because of the additional wind coverage. The next thing I did was replace the outlet with a 5 amp aftermarket and added a dual USB outlet also. Not sure if the order of the rest but sense then I've done the cheap level your seat mod, added a LED bulb for the headlight and tail light, replaced the foot pegs after breaking the one on the right side (twice) a auto chain oiler put a sit-n-fly seat cover, fender extender and some cheap straight from Japan cross bar for the handle bars, adjustable clutch and brake levers (long) a set of gators for fork protection, I recently bought a rear rack from another on the forum and I'm currently installing a fuse block and auxiliary lights with on/off switch.
That's all I can think of. Everything else has been maintenance I'm currently at 58,000+

I mostly use my NC for commuting to work 3-5 days a week it's 120 mile round trip and I'm riding from Los Banos to Morgan Hill so I'm going over Pacheco pass. I also go for weekend trips with my wife 4 or 5 times a year and solo trips when I can

Last edited:
20170704_121811.jpg

Man... let's see.

Grip Puppies, Puig Touring screen with eBay 4" lip, Storm Hand guards, TechSpec Snakeskin tank grips, Honda Light bar, Mutazu crash bars, SW Moth Skid Plate, GIVI TREKKER rack and panniers and a Trekker Outback Topcase. Ebay Shock cover, K series Seal Savers (Fork socks), FenderExtenda,Knight lowered footpegs, Danmoto Jitsu Slip On Exhaust, eBay radiator cover, Seat Concepts main seat, eBay crossbar, Perfect Squeeze phone holder, PIAA 510 driving lights and a 12V plug for GPS/Phone.

And if my wife reads this, everything was $5.
:D

Favre mods. Lowered pegs, windscreen, seat, hard bags, hand guards.

Last edited:
Good to know about the lowered foot pegs, what kind are they maybe its different with different brands?

The footpegs are Knight Designs. They are good footpegs, just no rubber under the boot.

That's what I liked about the cheap replacement pegs I got the rubber on top is actually hallow so it really dampens vibrations

I have the knight lowered pegs. Never noticed a difference really. If you wear good boots, pegs don't feel that different.
+1 to this. Switching from Doc Martens to Dainese made a bigger difference than going from rubber pegs to more off road style pegs.

IMG_0124.jpg

I bought my 2013 700S in 2015 with 10,800km from the original owner. Currently at 33,169. It came with a 22" Madstad. I broke it after a run in with some ice and really missed it so got another. I was given some Barkbuster blizzards which I'm not sure I would have purchased with my own money. I'm happy with them just think that you don't get much for the price point. I got a big ol Givi 58L top case from motostorm.it. Don't regret it either. Wanted a top case to a) maintain current aerodynamics b) back rest for the Mrs.

I have not put much effort into farkles. Distributed spending into gear, tools and rider training. I commute as much as possible taking the bike off the road when/if the snow or ice sticks. This is my first bike. My riding style started out miserly to conserve fuel and has evolved into "spirited" for more fun.

I summarized mine in another post... there are a couple changes so here it is again...

mQ4jPQt.jpg

• GPS solution
    I am using an iPhone 5 and an incredibly sturdy bike handlebar mount I had around. It locks the phone in and I am 100% confident in it (made by Mercury Innovations, got it at Winners/TJMaxx - can't find a link). I have a lightnight cable wired down through the bike into the frunk plugged into a USB charger. I generally use Google Maps but play around with CoPilot at times​
    4DUtFoL.jpg
    [/INDENT]
  • Helmet / Bluetooth
    I wear a Bell Revolve Evo modular helmet. It is decent. A little heavy, fairly loud but overall a decent helmet for the price. I dream of a better helmet someday (Schuberth C4) but can't justify the cost right now when I have a nice helmet now.
    I also have a Sena 20S. It is great and I am extremely happy with it. The only issues I have ever heard bad (and there are a LOT of complaints about it) is its >2 people intercom. If that doesn't concern you, I would highly recommend it​
  • Hand Guards (in some of the pictures)
    I ordered these from AliExpress here. I am not sure about them. I had them on for a while, but then I changed my mind about the look of them. They touch the MadStad a little, but only when turned 100%. With warmer weather coming up I likely will leave them off but will think about it again later in the year.
  • Madstad winshield - 22", medium gray
    Love it. I like the look. No more buffeting at any speed I have tested. I like the medium gray but maybe would consider a light gray if ordering again.​
    As a reference, I am 6'1 with 32" in-seam​
    sxwGF0M.jpg
  • Luggage
    Bought used​
    Givi v35 + Admore lights​
    Givi e52 Maxia top box with brake light, top rack and backrest. Using the Givi "universal mounting plate" with it all mounted as forward as possible.​
    The lights are excellent. Great peace of mind having the extra visibility from the back. The Admore's are always on, brake lights and turn signals.​
    The Admore on the side bags use a quick release cable which is easy to take on and off. The light for the top box uses an SAE connector for quick disconnecting. Patching into the bikes wiring was incredibly easy using Posi-tap connectors. I would have dreaded doing it any other way (splicing/soldering) due to the location under the rear seat.​
    Bought PLX1111, FZ1111 racks and top box rack and backrest from Motostorm​
    f7aSERs.jpg
    bYodj0E.jpg
  • Mirror extenders
    One of the best things I added to the bike. I now have full mirror view on both sides. Search ebay for "10mm cnc mirror extender"​
  • Seat cover
    I have both a 'gel' (probably foam) seat cover (Originally intended for ATV seats) and a new one I made (thanks Mom for teaching me to sew) from a car seat cushion I got on clearance at Canadian Tire. Both quick release with buckles that are not in the way at all when the cover is not on the bike. Not sure what my ultimate seat solution will be.​
    OHqUK64.jpg
    44Cov5E.jpg
    5avojVk.jpg
    More pictures here: Seat cover - Album on Imgur
  • Givi engine guards
    Never had to use them and hope I never do. Easy to put on and I like the look. I plan on putting lights and highway pegs on eventually.​
  • Garage remote control button
    An ebay sourced button (link) that I wired into a spare garage remote​
  • What I carry around
    Both my seat covers until I figure out which one I prefer, if either​
    Bungee cords and a bungee net​
    Tire puncture repair kit and pump​
    Clear/Dark helmet visor​
    Earplugs, individual lens cleaning wipes for helmet visor, colapsible silicone water bottle​
  • Hydration Pack
    Due to hot days and my tendency to not drink enough water, I bought a backpack hydration pack. I was lucky enough to find a really nice used hydration backpack at a local goodwill and bought a Geigerrig bladder for it. This bladder is different from the other brands as it is pressurized and you don't need to suck the water out. Great for drinking but also for spraying on your head/neck on hot days or for sharing water with others​

Last edited:
I have the knight lowered pegs. Never noticed a difference really. If you wear good boots, pegs don't feel that different.

The footpegs are Knight Designs. They are good footpegs, just no rubber under the boot.

I have Knight Designs pegs also. I haven't noticed any vibrations from them, or ever noticed any from the OEM's.

Well, the pegs are fine. The vibration is minimal. Maybe I have delicate feet!

No pic, but I've made a video of the bike.
Link: Honda NC700X - My Bike Modifications! - YouTube

Summary:
- DIY phone mount
- 2 inch SW-motech handlebar risers
- Centerstand
- Wheel striping (because why not)
- Top case carrier (including top case)
- DIY rear shock protector
-DIY fork seal protectors (to keep flies of them)
- Givi D1111ST Windscreen
- AliExpress fake Givi spoiler
- Givi HP1111 Hand/windprotectos
- DIY 2-way radio mount
- Cheap crossbar from AliExpress
- Top Sellerie "Deluxe" Gel seat
- Ixil Hyperlow XL
- DIY mesh trashcan radiator protector
- Rear brake silicone/rubber sock (to increase traction on the pedal)
- "Strong" offroad handlebar grips (the original ones are too slippery)
- Tank pad

To come: Adjustable levers

Forgot to mention that this is my only ride, and is my commuter/fun bike.
Don't need a lot of luggage space because I always wear a backpack, and the rest can fit in my frunk.

My favourite mods:
Got to say it's the exhaust and the rear shock protector. Sounds mean and the road dirt doesn't get slung into the rear shock.

Regretted mods:
None, because I have no ragrets.

Last edited:
Hallo, Erik,

checked the link on several pc´s with no problem. Got a few replies with the same problem from this forum . Did You try to open the homesite: www.schotterfun.de ? Or try to open it by google.

Greetings from Germany

Last edited:
This bike will never go off-road, so the focus was comfort, travel/touring support and of course, it still needs to look and sound cool (you never grow out of that!)! Farkle highlights are, starting from the front... Fender extender, Madstad 20 Light Grey Screen with winglets, X-creen Tourer Spoiler Blade, Givi Handguards, Garmin GPS and mount, Battery Tender pigtail, OEM Centerstand, Corbin Seats (front and rear), OEM saddle bags with mounts and a rear rack, Rear Tire Hugger, Yoshimura R77 slip on and Vololights.

Attachments

• DSCN1939.jpg
    DSCN1939.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 682
Last edited:
Back