• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Evotech Performance Radiator Guard – Unboxing, Painting and Installation

PortlandZinMan

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been in the market for a radiator guard for quite a while and there are a LOT of options out there. I just sat back and read as everyone else posted their recommendations until I found one that I liked the (1) looks of (2) was easy to install and remove (3) functional and (4) didn’t break the bank.

I settled on the $75US Evotech Performance version. I takes a couple of weeks to arrive but the quality is top notch. The mounting is very clever and super easy to put on and remove. The actual guard arrives powder coated black. Just before I mounted it, I got the idea to use the leftover paint and clear coat from my saddle bag project to “enhance” the looks. I think it turned out very nice.

Let me know if you have questions.

IMG_5612.jpgIMG_5616.jpgIMG_5615.jpgIMG_5614.jpgIMG_5613.jpg

Last edited:

I does look nice. It looks like the side attachments just hook around the radiator, clipping on. Is it easy to take on/off, by yourself or someone you don't want to?

Ray

It would be easy to remove if you had the time and the correct allen head wrench - but the same holds true for a lot of my additions. I am willing to take the risk. If I was overnighting somewhere, I have 2 alarms and a cover.

+1 on the EvoTech Radiator Guard, I have had one on my NC for several years and well please with both the looks and protection.

Coming from dualsport, the definition of a radiatior protector was something that could protect the radiator not only from bugs and gravel, but frontal assault from thick sticks and branches, and built so that crashes and get-offs would keep the radiator from getting crushed/smashed from the sides. Gotta say, I've not seen anything that meets that description for the NC; only the bugs and gravel part really is addressed ; }

Gotta say, I've not seen anything that meets that description for the NC; only the bugs and gravel part really is addressed
I'll be one member listening with great interest when you or anyone finds something that may qualify. In the meantime, a bugs & gravel screen is better than nothing (a bonus if good looking). My skid plate is from Dale at hondabikepro and built like a tank. I like that kinda stuff.

Ray

Last edited:
I'll be one member listening with great interest when you or anyone finds something that may qualify.
I don't know that we ever will. The way dualsports and dirtbikes are designed makes it practical to build a radiator guard that does more bash/wreck protection without adding much weight. NC radiators are more exposed and would require weight and substructure and cost to really protect the sides in an ultimate fashion.

In the meantime, a bugs & gravel screen is better than nothing (a bonus if good looking).
Yep, though for me the good looking part is more about being invisible at casual inspection, blending in ; }

My skid plate is from Dale at hondabikepro and built like a tank. I like that kinda stuff.
Yep. It rules. This and engine guards help a little on the radiator protection, making side impact to the radiator body less likely.

Yep, though for me the good looking part is more about being invisible at casual inspection, blending in ; }

That leftover saddle bag paint kept calling to me, but until now, I just didn't have a new farkle to deface... Plus - red makes it more visible to living flying objects allowing more time for them to take evasive action. Win/Win

Back