• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear Suspension Link Length?

Xamper

Reaction score
xamper.blogspot.com
How long are the stock suspension links? I bought my 2015 DCT used and the links are 5.25 inches eye to eye (of the bolt). I suspect my bike has been lowered by the PO since the side stand angle is too shallow.

8f01f0bd88257ffd74b98e338d0d937a.jpg

Thanks

Jim

Last edited:
My stock bones measure 5.25 inches.

I have a duck foot on mine and I think the lean angle is still good. If your dog bones are stock and the sidestand angle is too vertical, maybe the PO messed with the rear spring setting?

Last edited:
Both my NT700V and NC700XD stood too upright on the sidestand in my opinion when new. At least for me, it made it difficult to raise the sidestand while seated on the bike because I have to tip the bike to the right and I don't like that feeling! And if I happen to stop on a semi-soft dirt shoulder, it's even worse.

Last edited:
My stock bones measure 5.25 inches.

I have a duck foot on mine and I think the lean angle is still good. If your dog bones are stock and the sidestand angle is too vertical, maybe the PO messed with the rear spring setting?

Thanks, this is very helpful. I've already changed the preload setting to the max. It still get really tippy when the rear of the bike gets loaded with my touring gear. In fact, it has flipped down to the other side once. (in front of a very popular restaurant with many people watching... DOH!)

Thanks, this is very helpful. I've already changed the preload setting to the max. It still get really tippy when the rear of the bike gets loaded with my touring gear. In fact, it has flipped down to the other side once. (in front of a very popular restaurant with many people watching... DOH!)

Are the tires stock sizes?

A lot of the places I stop to take piccies lean either this way or the other, and nothing nearby in these narrow areas often edging a drop-off that improves the angle. So sometimes the kickstand is too short and sometimes it's too long. When it's too long I need to search. When it's too short I can usually get enough lift with my dual-thickness prop. Probably the cheapest solution for a lowered machine is to get a welder to shorten the sidestand so that it at least does well on [near]-level pavement, allowing for a CNC'd duckfoot as well, which can be had on eBay from China for really cheap.

2016-08-05 10;32;35 by greenboy, on Flickr

A lot of the places I stop to take piccies lean either this way or the other, and nothing nearby in these narrow areas often edging a drop-off that improves the angle. So sometimes the kickstand is too short and sometimes it's too long. When it's too long I need to search. When it's too short I can usually get enough lift with my dual-thickness prop. Probably the cheapest solution for a lowered machine is to get a welder to shorten the sidestand so that it at least does well on [near]-level pavement, allowing for a CNC'd duckfoot as well, which can be had on eBay from China for really cheap.

2016-08-05 10;32;35 by greenboy, on Flickr

That's a pretty nifty tool! I've got a sidestand footprint on mine, so that does make the stand a bit long... But I think I will look for a shorter dogbones and install 1 inch fork extension up front. That will give me a better ground clarance anyway. (Although my short legs won't like that.)

Yeah, I use that for my WR250R also. Parking when doing off-road rarely gives anything approaching level.

Back