• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

12v Accessory Plug, OEM or are there other options?

Jut8

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone! First post outside of the welcome forum.....I am picking up new to 12 NC700x tomorrow morning. I know one of the things that I will want on the bike is a 12v outlet to keep my phone charged while i am using the GPS on it. I check into the OEM honda plug, and its hard to swallow close to $80 for the OEM plug, and then you still have to buy the harness and possible relay. I have put the 12v/USB plugs on many of my other bikes like the TW's, DR's and DRZ's with very little effort and a lot less $$. Is there a reason why we need/want to use the honda part, or is there simply no other place that is easy to tap power from safely?

No. I bought a waterproof, bar mounted (with clamp) for $14 (on sale) from cycle gear. I hard wired it directly to the battery for 2 reasons. 1) I will never leave my phone or gps plugged in when I am leaving the bike. 2) there are times when I've stopped and am talking to someone where I want the bike off, but still want to charge my phone.

Bike Master 12V Power Adapter with Handlebar Mount - Cycle Gear

Last edited:
Don't buy the OEM, very limited on power and there are so many good options for $20 or less. SleepyC has the right set up if your using your phone for a GPS

I'd forgo the cig lighter socket and go for SAE. Positive connection.

Powerlet has one that can be mounted inside frunk. Also found a cheap and good switched handle bar mount too (wupp). I modified the WUPP brand. Rasped off the bottom mounts. Relocated the usb cover screw from bottom to top so I could stick it on top of the clutch reservoir with this super velcro. WUPP found on eBay for 5 dollars. Powerlet was 24 dollars.
16972009f2f9c714dc54a3848f25ec78.jpg
2bef06515d81c84e71a5904a04fc9ef1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No. I bought a waterproof, bar mounted (with clamp) for $14 (on sale) from cycle gear. I hard wired it directly to the battery for 2 reasons. 1) I will never leave my phone or gps plugged in when I am leaving the bike. 2) there are times when I've stopped and am talking to someone where I want the bike off, but still want to charge my phone.

Bike Master 12V Power Adapter with Handlebar Mount - Cycle Gear

I have this on my handlebars if I want to use a 12v plug. I have a connector for a battery charger inside the trunk and I spliced a battery charger pig tail connectors to the 12 v adapter so I just connect them when I want to use the 12 V adaptor. I use it mainly for my 12 v air compressor when needed. My other devices I use a USB adapter which connects to the same battery charger connector inside the trunk (I got the USB adapter also from Cycle Gear).

Back