• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Picking up my NC700x in the morning!

Jut8

Reaction score
Visit site
Headed out on a 4 hour venture tomorrow to pickup my new to me 2012 Nc700x in the morning! Driving out with my buddy, then riding her home! She was bought new as a leftover, and has 1,800 mile on her. I have been on bikes for the last 25 years, both on and off-road, and I haves owned quite a few bike over the years. I plan on using this to commute, and I am also an avid mountain biker, so I have my eye on a setup to haul my mtb with me and use some cases for storage of my gear....total 2 wheel trips!

I know I will have tons of questions, and like most crazy bikers, I doubt I will be able to leave the bike well enough alone, here is my dream far kale list if you have any suggestions:

Hand guards
Light bar/crash bar with lights
Rear rack and side panniers
Center stand
And possibly an exhaust just to make me heard....

Can't wait to hear from you all!

Probably a light MTB but you have to feel that back there.

Legally i think you'd have to put a red flag on that.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I've seen pictures of guys with their mountain bikes mounted on their WR250R!

I NEED THIS!!! I raced road bikes and MTB bikes up to 3 years ago (new daughter) now that she is 3 I started training again... I NEED THIS!!!

Call up the guys at 2x2 cycles, Garrett helped me out there, and they were great!

2x2 are one of the more popular options and apparently do great work. Here's a few other options!!

Using a Thule carrier, looks like you could probably talk with Dale about modd'ing his rear plate to make this work pretty well. I like that the fork mounting bracket is over the center of the rear wheel
DSC_0002_0.jpg

I'd like to view this from the rear to see what kind of width we're talking about here
bike-rack-attachment-some-additional-details-can-be-found-on-my-blog-http-tandemgeekwordpresscom.jpg

DIY for a low cost solution to see how you think the m'bike handles with a cycle on the back, and the fork mounting point could be in front of the center of the rear wheel
Woody+with+bike.jpg

No matter what, I'm thinking that you better be using a <25lb (mtn) bike or even less for a roadie to make this even worth considering. When you see this done (which is more often than some realise), it's usually on motorcycles with a higher COG which may be of benefit to counteract the additional weight hanging off the back?

Another option would be to consider the moto-mule trailer and configuring that with a bike carrier. An advantage there (for SleepyC in particular) is that you can commute with it when you need to take extra photo/lighting or other gear that your regular top box & side cases won't hold etc.

The big thing with the 2x2 rack is using the strap over the stem to the rear pegs to create the "triangle" I tired to ride the bike in the back without the strap and it was down right scary. With the strap, I can barely tell the bike is there, it's easier than riding a passenger

Back