• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What's stopping you from getting an AT

Inked469

Reaction score
Visit site
So folks in on the edge of taking the plunge to the africa twin. Anyone else switch from the Nc to the at? What did you notice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The VFR1200x DCT is stopping me.........

If I make a change or an additional bike the VFR1200x DCTcomes to mind and not the AT.

IMG_2859.jpg

Price. Can't justify it right now. Hoping AT will have a resale value like NC700X in five years.

Tube tires. Chain drive. Poor fuel economy (46 US MPG on Fuelly)

But, like kumatae said, they may be dirt cheap in a few years, then it would be a toss up between the AT and the Super Tenere. But due to the AT's tubes and chain, I think the Super Ten would win.

Last edited:

Tube tires. Chain drive. Poor fuel economy (46 US MPG on Fuelly)

But, like kumatae said, they may be dirt cheap in a few years, then it would be a toss up between the AT and the Super Tenere. But due to the AT's tubes and chain, I think the Super Ten would win.

I don't mind the chain drive. I've had both and I enjoy both. The tube tires are a sore spot for sure. Coming from the Nc I can see why 46 is garbage for that size of engine.

2014 nc700x -Rox risers-22in madstad-barkbuster storms.

Price. Can't justify it right now. Hoping AT will have a resale value like NC700X in five years.

From what it seems only time will tell. They are selling off the hook. Putting up bmw sized numbers.

Buying house (with open carport), still paying on nc, working too much for too little, and I'd probably prefer a crf 250 or similar, since there are a few good trails around here and I don't "adventure" much.

Buying house (with open carport), still paying on nc, working too much for too little, and I'd probably prefer a crf 250 or similar, since there are a few good trails around here and I don't "adventure" much.

Yeah I hear ya on the house. That's my biggest concern with the AT is the lack of off roading I do. The vfr1200x is definitely right up my style of riding but is the AT a worthy road warrior too.

I don't mind the chain drive. I've had both and I enjoy both. The tube tires are a sore spot for sure. Coming from the Nc I can see why 46 is garbage for that size of engine.

In all fairness, since the AT is basically a dual purpose bike, it probably should have chain drive and tube tires. It's just that I'm not in the market for a 1000cc dirt bike. A baby AT with about 400cc would be awesome.

$$$, tube tires which I don't see as an advantage on a 500lb bike, no frunk, would I enjoy it around town as much as the NC and would I really enjoy it that much more than the NC off-road? Next bike is going to be a very light 2 smoker.

$$$, tube tires which I don't see as an advantage on a 500lb bike, no frunk, would I enjoy it around town as much as the NC and would I really enjoy it that much more than the NC off-road? Next bike is going to be a very light 2 smoker.

Probably sacrilege here but I barely use the frunk. I don't like leaving my helmet in the cali sun. It is quite nice on the few times I did use it.

Mileage, cost, and the fact that I threw my leg over the saddle of an AT last weekend and couldn't touch on either side..... I love my NC more all the time. I consider it to be nearly the perfect commuter bike.
>T

Mileage, cost, and the fact that I threw my leg over the saddle of an AT last weekend and couldn't touch on either side..... I love my NC more all the time. I consider it to be nearly the perfect commuter bike.
>T

I'm running a 33.5 inseam so no problem with the feet down. It is a pretty awesome commuter for sure.

Probably sacrilege here but I barely use the frunk. I don't like leaving my helmet in the cali sun. It is quite nice on the few times I did use it.

Your not the only one. Never use my frunk either. Can't get my arai xd4 to fit.

Hope you get the vfr1200x, looks badass!!!

Back