• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Battery terminal extenders

GregC

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Given the PITA it is connecting accessories to the very short and hard to get to stock battery connectors, I've been looking for alternatives. The various fuse block solutions seem great but are probably more than I need - but may end up there.

I saw these in a search and it seems this might be a cheap way to simply get a better way to directly connect accessories to the battery. Anyone have experience with anything like these?

Odyssey L Terminal Adapter: BatteryMart.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I LOVE this idea!!

Wish I'd had them when I wired up all the gizmos on my NC. I may order a set and redo some of it. I hated trying to get at the stock terminal.

Thanks!

I put in a LiFEPO4 Battery that comes with an extra set of battery terminals:

Amazon.com: Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery: Automotive

On those terminals I extended them with the Powerlet Termin8 to accept all my accessories that need a direct battery connection: (alarm, main power for PDM60, horn, lights etc..)

Powerlet Termin-8 Easier Than A Fuseblock - RevZilla

The original terminals on the front connect to the bike's original wiring without any interference or loose connections from my accessories.

If there's a problem or a short somewhere, I can disconnect one of the Terimin 8 leads and limp home.

Any reason why you couldn't just put a really long bolt and use multiple nuts to hold the ring terminals, aside from now having quite a long, hot, exposed bolt? :p

I tried installing that Lithium battery from Battery Tender that is sold as a replacement for the stock Yuasa YTZ12S and it was a total failure. The terminals on the BT battery are smaller than the Yuasa and the screws very tiny. The NC battery cables terminal DO NOT FIT those tiny battery terminals and even though there is probably a way to adapt them by trimming or enlarging the terminal screw hole, I would not trust the connection. I aborted the install and ordered a MMG lithium battery which seems to have similar terminals size (TBC) than the Yuasa. Hopefully this will work. More to come...

Last edited:
There's an older company named Electrical Connection that has produced excellent add-ons for many years. Way back in 2002, when the term "LED" was almost unknown, they sold an LED taillight conversion kit that I installed on my Kawasaki ZX1100E. It included running lights in the Givi turn signal housings (I removed the Kawasaki signals during the installation) and red brake lights, too. I had no idea back then how LEDs worked, but I didn't care.
That conversion is still in the bike fifteen years later and still works most excellently. In fact, when the NC came home, that was the second thing I did to it besides the oil change.
They also offer a switched, fused, relay-ed terminal block that is also top-notch. Again, I installed one on the ZX a decade and a half ago and it's still a genuine necessity. It features a separated circuit with an SAE plug that is bypassed for connecting your trickle charger. One of these is going on Her NC very soon. It's a so much better way to distribute power on a bike and it's not hard to find a mounting location; on the NC, I suspect it will wind up under the pillion.
Universal Power Plate Fuse Block – Electrical Connection

Greg C.

I am in the process of wiring my 700, gps, cell, usb, driving lights, etc. This is a fantastic idea and already ordered them. Makes wiring SO much easier. Thanks for this great idea.

They work great - but I ultimately went with the Innov Powerhub to connect everything (still using the extenders).

Power Hub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back