• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sound from engine area

QuaXum

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike is a 3.5 year old '13 NC700X at 75000kms

i just noticed that there is sound from the engine area especially at low speeds when i let go of the clutch.

its a very high patch noise that can be heard in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jifX8QXqneI

I've recently flushed and changed the coolent.

anyone with had the same thing happen

Last edited:
My bike is a 3.5 year old '13 NC700X at 75000kms

i just noticed that there is sound from the engine area especially at low speeds when i let go of the clutch.

its a very high patch noise that can be heard in the video.

[video]https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMT_mpMJ-7SuSg_bFcNxG5ATZGgHu4jeB741ra_GM0xJp6In3JrazlUTTe1 dRcy1A/photo/AF1QipOwL3H-lOlOtNAsaWUG1yMlRqnvEXN_-VEbV-Er?key=WEVZMnRMekRhYTNqdXlnbWs3TWI4N1JVLVVFem1R[/video]

anyone with had the same thing happen
Getting 404 error on the video link

i've updated the video link to youtube. let me know if it is still not working.
the video is working now. I'm a novice so I'm not exactly sure by watching a video, but I do agree that doesn't sound good. if using the clutch effects the sound I would think their related but that's not necessarily true, so IDK. could be clutch, basket or a bearing or you could just be be low on oil for all i know

Guys on fb page is telling me the water pump. I'm wondering if anyone has the same issue. Or is it just me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Never heard that sound before. I don't know enough to say what it could be. It don't sound right to me. Get it checked out would be my advice.

On most Honda motorcycle, the water pump is driven by the oil pump on the other side of the engine, but on the NC series the water pump is driven by the cam. Although it's possible, I've never heard of a water pump making noise - they usually just leak but silently.

My feeling is you need to isolate where the sound is coming from. I haven't needed to do it, but a stethoscope (from used classifieds- they were part of an old fashioned blood pressure kit), or a large screwdriver with the tip against the part and the handle next to your ear, or perhaps even your cell phone microphone held next to the piece could work.

My feeling is you need to isolate where the sound is coming from. I haven't needed to do it, but a stethoscope (from used classifieds- they were part of an old fashioned blood pressure kit), or a large screwdriver with the tip against the part and the handle next to your ear, or perhaps even your cell phone microphone held next to the piece could work.

there is a very cheap and effective option -

Mechanic's Stethoscope

TBH I have never heard a sound like that from any motorcycle let alone an NC. It is most unusual. Personally I would have it straight into a dealer for assessment.

I've never heard a bike make that noise but I would be suspicious of the fuel pump since the noise does not change with the increase of rpms. The only problem with that theory is that it goes away when you increase the rpms which is when your have an increased demand for fuel. Could a partially clogged fuel filter be starving the fuel pump causing the issue? Just thinking out loud.

Vaccume leak?
Sounds plausible...does standard car troubleshooting apply?
To OP: The oil looks fine? Little/no debris? I agree taking it to a shop would be a good idea, especially if it's still under warranty.

Last edited:
Nah it's a 13 nc7x. Long out of warranty. Oil is ok. Vacuum leak meaning the coolent?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

[...]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jifX8QXqneI

@showkey ^^^ seems that way.

Did you burp the system after changing the coolant?
Vacuum leak could mean one of two things, iirc, though I just read the wikipedia article.

Last edited:
Back