• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took advantage of the 56˚ NW Arkansas weather and took a short ride, then damned near dumped it pulling back into the garage. Rusty, perhaps?

Chicagoland is looking good for this time of year ; }

While still here sitting on the beach, raising a 50 cent draft (I'll spare you the photo), I noticed on my iPad that it is snowing back in Oregon, which caused me to be glad my NC is tucked away safely inside a storage unit.

Later today I'll be heading to Bangkok to meet up with my hunting buddy, and together will be heading up to Chiangmai to visit the 11th Annual HU Thailand Travellers Meeting 2017 (11th Annual HU Thailand Travellers Meeting 2017 | Horizons Unlimited).

Oops, gotta get ready for Sunday Night Football, errr, order me another draft! Could life get any better?

Ray

Sorting out the front suspension - cutting new spacers to go with install of the RaceTech springs...

Finally got around to putting some Pazzo adjustable levers on (which I have had for about 5 months or more), put on some barkbusters and new SW Motech wide pegs from twisted throttle. Now I just need a new battery and I'll be good to go.

Replace rear tire with another SHINKO 705 today. Got 5,700 miles on last one which is the same as the CONTINENTAL MOTION street tire in the past. Rode mostly local back roads at sprited pace on both tires.

My poor thing remains plugged in for another week or so (Jan 11, I hope). Sucks to have missed the ride on Sunday, I was really looking forward to it, especially considering the overall mild weather.

Went for a 150 mile ride with new rear tire. Did about 15 miles of gravel sort of squishy road and the rest mostly wet roads with lots of fog and drizzle. Only saw about 5 miles of dry road the whole time. The new tire felt like it lost traction a few times in the first 20 miles or so then it felt normal again. Temp was around 50F most of the time.

I went over to the dealership today to get a new battery. Got it all installed, turned the key and nothing......absolutely nothing. Took the battery over to O'Reilly to have it checked and they guy said right off the bat that it was no good. The people over at the Honda shop reversed the polarity on it. Not a very happy camper right now since I was wanting to ride for the rest of the week.

I went for a short ride, about 20 miles. It's 33 degrees.
I wore:

Two pair of thermal pants.
One thermal top, plus a sweater and a fleece jacket.
My Olympia riding suit.
A balaclava.
My winter gloves.
My new Alpinestars corazal adv boots (Christmas present)
helmet
two pair of socks

I was fine except for my upper arms, which were getting some wind.
The new boots are very stiff. You can walk in them, but you won't get far. They are much warmer than my firstgear summer boots, which i bought because my feet get hot easily and sweat.

I went for a short ride, about 20 miles. It's 33 degrees.
I wore:

Two pair of thermal pants.
One thermal top, plus a sweater and a fleece jacket.
My Olympia riding suit.
A balaclava.
My winter gloves.
My new Alpinestars corazal adv boots (Christmas present)
helmet
two pair of socks

I was fine except for my upper arms, which were getting some wind.
The new boots are very stiff. You can walk in them, but you won't get far. They are much warmer than my firstgear summer boots, which i bought because my feet get hot easily and sweat.

Rain gear like a Frogg Toggs suit works great as a windbreaker. It's what I used before I bought electric liners.

Went for a 20 mile ride. Finally it wormed up from sub 0 to 17F. Roads are still in pristine condition. We do not have much snow around here.

17F.jpg

Finally got around to installing my Aprilia Tuono shock. Rebound is much better, still feels a little soft but bearable, probably needs a little more preload (it's sagging a bit more than with the stock shock, about 3/4" lower as measured from the axle to the OEM saddlebag mount).

Drilled a hole in the side panel for easy access to the bolt, and got a nylon plug to fill it between uses:
DSC_0037.jpg
DSC_0036.jpg

I rode yesterday, but today the wind is up to 40 mph. Freezing rain tomorrow, so today it goes back on the charger.

Replaced my air filter for first time today. 43k miles may have been a few miles past the "suggested" maintenance schedule. It was a "little" on the dirty side:
20170113_162025.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back