• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

high piched whine from the fuel pump

More details?

Usually it's the lack of noise that is the bad sign, I've always been happy to hear the high pitched whine from the pump signifying it's spinning it's little heart out...

I guess your noise is suddenly different somehow? It's a lot easier to hear when mine is low on fuel, but that's almost my standard operating procedure, so I must be used to it.

Is yours constantly making a new unusual racket now, or just when it's priming the system at key on?

Talk to your dealer/ check against an in stock bike? To my mind high pitched whining means a bad bearing- how that would happen in a fuel pump I'm not sure (haven't heard of that before).

I removed my passenger saddle to have more room for back packs and luggage. I guess it makes it a straight shot from the pump to my ear, but I don't remember ever hearing this before the last time I removed the saddle. If none of y'all have heard of this as an issue with the NC, I'll roll the dice and keep riding. It happens mostly at speed, not so much while it is pumping up when first turned on, but once running, you hear it...

Bumping an older one...... Checking back on the fuel pump thing? Mine started making a 'different' sound. Honda mechanic thought it was bearing in fuel pump going out. Did you resolve your issue?

Back