• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Sit&Fly / Sit & Fly Seat Cover

• Thread starter Deleted member 5383
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5383

Now that I've had a 300-mile day and some shorter ones on the Sit&Fly / Sit & Fly Seat Cover on my NC700X I can safely say it's added comfort and utility to the stock seat (with the front end raising mod). For me, sussing out how to best install on an oddly shaped seat (compared to the very simple banana shape found on dual sports) was not too challenging, and really has improved my riding day.

Via an eBay vendor in Israel, I asked for the largest size, which was huge enough for a large Bergman. It took awhile to arrive, so if I had to do it over again I'd probably call ProCycle and ask them what the largest size they carry is and get that for $30 or so, rather than the $20 I spent on eBay.

Anyway. I sat the seat within the overly large Sit&Fly I had ordered, and guesstimated to snip away a lot of the multi-layer woven mesh material (very easy). Instead of using staples as shown for larger seats on youtube, I ran zip ties from side to side, and from the front and back in several places to the side material nearby (just as I had done before on my WR250R seat). I made sure the seat tongue area was free of this deep multi-layer mesh so that it could slide into position, and trimmed around the two seat bolts in back just enough to be out of the way. Because the seat bolts could stand to be a bit longer it was a bit of a pain to get the seat bolted into place with the extra thickness but I persevered (one of these days I'll get some seat bolts that are longer). With Klim Dakar pants or jeans or other pants it's easy to maintain position or to move, and the bit of added sponginess seems to make a difference as well.

So what's good about this seat cover? Well, for the price it adds 9mm or so of a plush weave that passes air and water through it freely. The seat ends up bing about 18mm wider and 9mm taller, and springier in a good way. It also, when the cycle is moving, passes a breeze along your legs and under your butt and keeps things a lot cooler. I think this is a huge benefit for long term comfort. It's tangible at any rate. Finally, if it has rained while you are off the bike, you can hop right on without getting your pants all soggy, no need to towel the area after washing your bike either, if you want to ride instantly. And the free air passage drys anything that has gotten wet a lot faster too.

31627891782_7b1821ccf1_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks really COOL, in every sense of the word. If you ever take the seat off, I would love to see some pictures of how you attached it. Can't quite visualize how you did the zip tie wraps. I like the factory seat a lot but with my Tourmaster mesh pants I definitely get jungle butt after a couple hours. Thanks for posting.

I was going to take pics of the underside but when I was making sure everything fit I struggled with the too-short seat bolts so much I don't want to have to undo it again and deal with them. Had that same feeling about those *!^#@%!! bolts when I did the mod to lift the front of the seat higher.

It's easy enough to visualize once you see the mesh: you just run zip ties from one side to the other and return and snug tight, using enough to feel that you've got the seat cover contoured and snug.

Now that I've had reason to take my stock Honda seat off, I've photographed the underside so that anybody interested can see how I attached the Sit&Fly multi-layer mesh with zip ties (some just staple it to the seat pan) so that it conforms to the seat absolutely and does not wander or pucker. Amazingly easy, really.

I plan on using Sit&Fly again on the NC since it keeps a rained-on or just washed seat from being a problem, and promotes air flow (cool taint!), as well as adding comfort from its additional plushness and not doing vinyl sweat. It's worked out incredibly well on my WR where one is frequently shifting position when riding off-road, too!

31737591856_109075a1a7_o.jpg

That's a much neater job than mine. Since I got a small it doesn't wrap completely around the bottom side of the saddle like yours does, so most of what's under mine is zip ties stretching from one edge to the other. Still works out great though. And like you I find it to be a big, big improvement. Of course mine is on a Seat Concepts Low seat. I really wish I would have known about this before getting the SC seat. I'd have loved to have seen if it would have resolved my problem with the OEM seat.

Yeah on my WR with standard Seat Concepts seat there's more visible seat pan. Either way, it's all good.

I had a XT225 for awhile, while waiting for a WR250R to show up for a good price on craigslist (that was a really long wait). Anyway, the seat on the XT was a torture device, especially uncomfortable toward the back and the bad stock rear suspension made every hit go right up the spine. Also, it's a low motorcycle for someone who's 5'11". So to gain height and width I built up the back part of the seat with closed cell foam under the Sit & Fly.

Anyone who wants to fiddle with seat config on their NC might consider using the Sit & Fly as a way to experiment with this before committing.

31627901762_ea35f3148c_o.jpg

I'd like to try this on my stock seat. Would you please post a link for this eBay seller? Thanks.
I ordered a really large size to make sure it would cover the seat but it probably gave me enough to also do the pillion. But evidently even a small size will do the job for just the pilot seat. I think they may all originate from the company, from both Vietnam and Israel.

One eBay connection
Another eBay connection

If you want to get them really fast for slightly more dinars, ProCycle.us also sells them in various sizes.

I ordered a really large size to make sure it would cover the seat but it probably gave me enough to also do the pillion. But evidently even a small size will do the job for just the pilot seat. I think they may all originate from the company, from both Vietnam and Israel.

One eBay connection
Another eBay connection

If you want to get them really fast for slightly more dinars, ProCycle.us also sells them in various sizes.

Thanks. Like eastbayandy no rush, ordered from Israel.
1.jpg

Looks really good. But I can't see on any of the ebay retailers how to order the big size despite them all saying the big size is now available (6,7 and 8)
Mike

Looks really good. But I can't see on any of the ebay retailers how to order the big size despite them all saying the big size is now available (6,7 and 8)
Mike

I ordered, size unspecified, an hour later I got an email from the seller asking what size I want. I replied that I am going to be cutting it to fit so asked him to send the biggest one he has. When ordering there is a place where you can add instructions for the seller, maybe try that.

Last edited:
It's easy enough to ask any seller questions before ordering or bidding. If they don't answer you don't want to deal with them anyway.

I also ordered the Sit&Fly from ebay. The largest size, also gives you enough to cover the pillion seat as well. I have already modified the seat via the Showkey method, and along with the Sit&Fly cover the stock seat is much improved for long trips.

One eBay connection
Another eBay connection

Tried the ProCycle site, couldn't find it. What category is it under?

Back