• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Inexpensive Handlebar Risers from eBay, yes or no?

I'd go with the Tusk if you are looking for something really basic. Just make a note that the Rox Risers pivot in two places and the Tusk only pivot in one. So, the Rox risers technically have more adjustments. I believe the ROX design requires more engineering and probably a stronger material. That and the brand name are probably the main reasons the Rox are more expensive. I have the Rox Risers and they are great.

If I was going for non-pivot risers I would go with Tusk. My understanding, Tusk is the in-house brand for Rock Mountain. I have a set of Tusk handguards on my CRF and they are top notch.

^^^ Yeah, got a few Tusk items on my WR250R, really good stuff.

I'm familiar with the Tusk risers, but to my knowledge, they don't produce offset risers that bring the bar back as well as up. Unless I'm missing something...?

Essentially correct, but as with any risers, you can pivot the bars 'downward' by a fair amount before tightening the risers. you just have to make sure you keep checking the bar ends in relation to the frunk when at full lock position.

I gained a couple of inches in bar 'closeness' when I installed mine.

plus the rake always ensures that a bit of that extension is not upward, but toward the rider...

It's a block of aluminum with a few holes in it. If this were a highly technical piece with extreme tolerances, I'd stick with a name brand. For something like this, I'd go with the eBay parts and get the additional pull back as well as rise. Plus, buy it with PayPal and, if there are any problems, you can easily get your money back.

It's a block of aluminum with a few holes in it. If this were a highly technical piece with extreme tolerances, I'd stick with a name brand. For something like this, I'd go with the eBay parts and get the additional pull back as well as rise. Plus, buy it with PayPal and, if there are any problems, you can easily get your money back.

^^^This^^^

Well, the worst that could happen is you find out after it fails that it was made with pot metal.

I would at least get them from a place you could verify the material from.

I wouldn't worry about the aluminum blocks.
The bolts might be softer metal than they claim to be.
That used to be a common issue with bikes from China, not sure if it still is. Some bolts also had a habit of working loose so lock tight might be in order.

I went with Rox non-positioning risers and have been really satisfied with them. Had the same on the 2012 NC also. When I wrecked it, the handlebars bent on the left side which hit the ground but the risers never moved. If you use the pivoting risers, make sure you torque them tight so they don't slip or try to rotate.

I ordered a set too... (2014 NC750x non-DCT). I am going to rough up the inside a little bit like they recommend to do with the Rox risers.

Found torque info in another thread, if anyone was interested...

22 N·m (2.2 kgf·m, 16 lbf·ft)
Tighten front bolts then rear.

Last edited:
I received my eBay risers earlier this week and installed them today. Despite some frustration with the Honda brackets and clamps that make moving the hoses and cables more difficult than necessary, I was able to make the required adjustments. (As it turns out, there are some socket cap screws accessible from underneath which can be removed in order to allow the cable brackets and so forth to be detached from the bike entirely.)

The risers themselves appear well-made and the included bolts seem to be of decent quality as well. I made sure the brake fluid reservoir was level and then torqued everything down to the recommended 15 foot pounds. I haven't ridden the bike too much yet, but the handlebars didn't budge during my short, 30-minute test ride.

I found the seating position much improved and the stress on my back and wrists was reduced to near zero. The slightly more upright seating position does make the Puig windscreen even less effective, unfortunately. I may have to spend the extra money for one of those clip-on windscreen visors in order to compensate.

So far, I am very pleased with my inexpensive ($30 shipped) offset eBay risers and I look forward to increased comfort during future rides. I'll let you all know if I have any trouble or anything else to report. Thanks!

risers1.jpg
Left side

risers2.jpg
Right side

risers3.jpg
From the top

Back