• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Brake light flasher for 2016 NC700

Ice

Reaction score
Visit site
2016 NC700X/D has LED tail light. Plus side, it looks great, and it's bright! Down side, apparently, it uses some sort of PWM module (I think...) to control the brightness and renders most of third party flasher out there obsolete.

The LED brake light has 3 wires going into it: Black, Green/Black, and Blue/Black. My best guess so far is that Black = Ground, Green/Black = Brake light, and Blue/Black = Tail light.

Module I have tried is the G-force flasher from XDP: Vehicle Brake Light Flasher Module with brake force monitor Vehicle Brake Light Flasher Module with Brake Force Trigger. [FLSHR_G1] - $29.95 : 3rd Brake Flasher Web Site

The first module I have tried with the Green wire, the brake light works normally as if the module isn't there. Connecting to the Blue wire causing the light to flash AFTER letting go of the brake, flashing the dimmed tail light.

So the module only work on the lower power tail light, but won't flash with higher power when brake is applied.

The guys at XDP sent me a second module, thinking the first one must be defective but it has the same result. They concluded that the LED must be controlled by PWM to dim the tail light, interfering with their flasher module.

Any idea what I should try next?

I hooked up a gearbrake module, no problems. Here's the info you need:

The center solid black wire (Bl) is the ‘braking’ light.

The black/blue (Bl/Bu) wire on the left is the running light / ignition wire.

The black/green (Bl/G) wire on the right is ground.

IMG_3536.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Note that the physical layout of the wiring is different from the logical layout in the diagram.

I bought an Admore LED light bar that's an additional light to the tail light, and it flashes. pretty cool unit.

FWIW I disconnected my GearBrake because it was too sensitive.
I tried various mounting positions and I noticed it flashing all the time while I was just riding, it would start blinking when I lost 1-2mph of speed or hit some bumps which was not cool.
I'll have to try mounting it a bit differently sometime.

Go with the Admore. It's a very bright separate LED light that I mounted at the top of the license plate. It flashes three times when you activate the brake but won't flash three times again until there is a 5 second break between brake activation. It also syncs with your turn signals and puts out a bright blinker sweeping motion when you turn you blinker on. Check it out online. It's an awesome product. Easy installation as well. Not sure how it will work with your 2016 but it should do better than what you are currently trying to do.

Update: Using supertux's diagram, I rewired the XDP's flasher and it works perfect. Went straight to the dealership and ordered myself a service manual for the '16 NC. Thank you for the diagram, supertux1. It's a life saver. Gearbrake people shipped super fast, but I will have to return it due to no longer having a need for it.

Back