• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Triple Tree Stand

sumo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bike 2016 NC750X DCT ABS

I bought this Triple Tree Stand for $75. Five pins came with it 18 17 16.5 15 13 (all measures mm) I assume that the fit should be quite snug. There is not much difference between 18 and 17, even less between 16.5 and 17

The biggest is 18 and is a super sloppy fit, I measured and figure 23 would be a snug fit. Furthermore, in the area is a block that the front brake line and ABS sensor wire are connected to and is right in the way even if they gave me a 23. To make it work I would need to extend the length of the pin such as shown the 48 mm extension would allow the lift to clear the brake hose block.

So much of this sport is 'making it fit' and I do enjoy a challenge however should I pursue this or just return the stand for a store credit (no refunds).

I don't have access to a lathe.

0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
11.jpg
10.jpg

I haven't found any repairs (including complete front end removal) that I cannot do with the center stand and a bottle jack under the front of the engine. With the setup you picture, you can remove the sliders and fork tubes, but still not the triple tree for bearing work. For my own use, I would return it. I have a Pit Bull stand that lifts from below the sliders. Sometimes I use it for stabilizing the front end when I change a tire, but if I didn't already have it, I don't believe I would buy it again.

I haven't found any repairs (including complete front end removal) that I cannot do with the center stand and a bottle jack under the front of the engine. With the setup you picture, you can remove the sliders and fork tubes, but still not the triple tree for bearing work. For my own use, I would return it. I have a Pit Bull stand that lifts from below the sliders. Sometimes I use it for stabilizing the front end when I change a tire, but if I didn't already have it, I don't believe I would buy it again.
I use a floor Jack and the center stand, couldn't take off both tires at the same time as easily as I hoped but with some with finesse it worked in the end, I put the rear tire back on for stability before taking my forks off

Bike 2016 NC750X DCT ABS

Furthermore, in the area is a block that the front brake line and ABS sensor wire are connected to and is right in the way even if they gave me a 23. To make it work I would need to extend the length of the pin such as shown the 48 mm extension would allow the lift to clear the brake hose block.

Sumo did you have to do anything special to bypass the block? On the 700S the block and assorted hoses seem to be in the way and I don't see an easy way to re-position them.

Sumo did you have to do anything special to bypass the block? On the 700S the block and assorted hoses seem to be in the way and I don't see an easy way to re-position them.

Boing!

I have to take the front wheel out and my 700x doesn't have a centre stand, so I wondered if my triple tree stand would fit? Searching found me this thread and I saw your comment and had a quick look at mine and the bock does look like it will be in the way? Anyone else using a triple tree stand?

If I recall correctly the block has a screw when removed allows it to be separated. I used the head tube stand to remove my forks to replace the oil.

Yup. Managed to get the bike on the stand by removing the bolt and moving the brake pipes out of the way. Need two people to get it on the stand though, but well worth it.

I would strongly recommend against using a front stand without a rear stand (or I suppose center stand)

I would strongly recommend against using a front stand without a rear stand (or I suppose center stand)

Me too, but i couldn't find the swinging arm holders and it had bobbin hook in there. I was very careful and even kept my dogs in!!

Back