• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Will the 2016 led headlight fit the older models?

At first look, it is hard to tell if they worked the 16' headlight based on the exact same base than previous years...there may be some slight, subtil differences like mounting point, etc...
Some folks have to test it!
2016 headlight:
0.jpg
2012-2015 headlight:
2012_NC700X_018.jpg

Before you get too excited about the new headlight & reflector, you'd better check prices. I'd guess you'll pay a King's ransom for the 2016 headlight.

I have not seen the 2016 NC700X parts pricing yet.

As a point of reference in US dollars, the headlight assembly for the first generation NC700X lists for $348.22. On the other hand, the OEM headlight for the NC700JD (NM4 Vultus), which I believe is an LED, lists for $1009.78. In the USA, you can get discounts up to 35% on parts, but that'll give you an idea what to expect. My guess is you're looking at well over 500 USD to change out the headlight, even if it fits.

Who will test it? You're the man!

It looks like that you have to replace the whole fairing... It will be cheaper to sell your older NC and purchase the new one.

I actually prefer the original headlight which was one reason I bought mine.
No sour grapes there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

grab a front picture of both models and overlap one over another. for a quick check if they have same front outline/contour. if not-you finish right there.
i think it wont fit regardless. not to mention $500 price tag difference mentioned above. that's about 20%-30% of your bike's price as of now. make zero sense to me

grab a front picture of both models and overlap one over another. for a quick check if they have same front outline/contour. if not-you finish right there.
i think it wont fit regardless. not to mention $500 price tag difference mentioned above. that's about 20%-30% of your bike's price as of now. make zero sense to me

I live in Denmark, and have paied 17500$ for my NC750X DCT. Now it is worth 11-12000$.
Yes we pay sooooo much tax.
Here we do not just buy another bike because of a head lamp, it is simply too expencive, thanks to our tax system.

I have no problem paying 500$ if it fits.

Sounds like you have the desire and the funds. Maybe you get to be the pioneer who tells us all whether it fits!

Well I have the desire. Regarding the funds it is a matter of priorty :) I have seen the 2016 headlamp in real life, and it is really cool.

Honda must know if it can be fitted, I will try to contact them.

Well I have the desire. Regarding the funds it is a matter of priorty :) I have seen the 2016 headlamp in real life, and it is really cool.

Honda must know if it can be fitted, I will try to contact them.

Someone may have said this already... but have you considered putting in an LED "bulb". The headlight itself is really just a vessel that holds the light source. The light source can be incandescent or LED..... no need to replace the big thing that holds the light source.
[THIS] worked very nicely for some of us. (pictured below), and it didn't cost much.
ledlight.jpg

Back