• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc750x road test

I notice on this NC750X, the instrument panel looks unchanged from the NC700X, except that this is a manual bike but it shows a box for a gear indicator. Also, the ABS on this NC750X is not combined ABS, as evidenced by the two pot front caliper and single brake hose. Are all current NC700X ABS systems combined, or are some not?

Greg

Last edited:
I notice on this NC750X, the instrument panel looks unchanged from the NC700X, except that this is a manual bike but it shows a box for a gear indicator. Also, the ABS on this NC750X is not combined ABS, as evidenced by the two pot front caliper and single brake hose. Are all current NC700X ABS systems combined, or are some not?

Greg

Good catches!

Something strange is going on, lol.

The dash shows a gear indicator, but it's not a DCT, the clock/odo aren't flipped, and the fuel gauge shows the old 700 5 bars, not the new 6 bars as seen on other 750S/X examples.

Has ABS, but only 2 piston front caliper and not Combined, as you point out.

Curious.

Last edited:
I had a test ride last week on the 750X. The engine is much revised in feel due to the 2nd balance shaft and the taller gearing.
The increased power is noticeable and the engine has a smoother more refined feel over the 700, but the higher gearing still makes for slow acceleration in top gear. For those who like a higher cruising speed it is an improvement. I liked the seat which as he says on this review is firm, but importantly has eliminated the slope of our 700's. The suspension is firmer but maybe no change in damping control, still felt rather budget to me. The gear indicator and fuel warning readout didn't interest me, but some think they are a significant change. I enjoyed my ride on the 750, but will spend some money on the suspension on my 700X rather than loose a huge sum to change to the 750.

I am curious as to why a second balance shaft was required as I have never felt a vibration issue with the NC. I am even more curious as to where they might have fitted it assuming they are still using the same crankcase ?

Hello everyone - just joined the forum today after picking up my NC750X (DCT) in Red last Friday.
200 Gentle miles on the clock - loving every minute of it! I commute about 13000 miles a year so will be racking up the miles pretty quickly.
Happy to answer any questions for prospective purchasers or those just interested!
Cheers,
Mike.

Congratulations on your new bike and welcome to the forum! Do you have any miles on a 700X that you can contrast or compare to your 750? Any information is appreciated.

Thanks for the welcome dduelin! No miles on a 700 - the bike I traded for the 750 was a Trimph Tiger 800 XC - I had that for only just over a year and 13000 mles - as nice as it was, I just really didn't love it for my commute - too top heavy in the traffic and such an annoying engine whine! The last 15 years have seen me mostly commuting on on 600/650 class bikes which have all been good in one way or another. The things I'm loving about the 750X are the relaxed ride, the quite but full of character motor and that awesome DCT... so glad I chose that option. Only magaged 64mpg on my first tankfull of very gentle running in but that is mixed riding (70mph cruising followed by below 30mph heavy traffic). Engine does still feel quite tight.
Planning on keeping this one for a long long time!

Hello everyone - just joined the forum today after picking up my NC750X (DCT) in Red last Friday.
200 Gentle miles on the clock - loving every minute of it! I commute about 13000 miles a year so will be racking up the miles pretty quickly.
Happy to answer any questions for prospective purchasers or those just interested!
Cheers,
Mike.
1.jpg

Howdy for Texas new NC750 owner. This is the first time I have said welcome to a new 750 owner!

smileystar.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Thankyou sir! I think I must have one of the first 750's on the road - it was only in the showroom 30 minutes before I purchased it!

The increased power is noticeable and the engine has a smoother more refined feel over the 700, but the higher gearing still makes for slow acceleration in top gear..

Yes that's an interesting point on the gearing as the DCT in top gear is only 3% higher geared, whereas the manual is 6%. I wonder why the difference?

Ok, I'm wondering now... would the 750 seat fit the 700? Would it fix the seat problem for the 700? I'm guessing the cost would be as much as getting a custom seat, but maybe not.....

Yes the seat does fit the 700X. Honda have done a good job with the seat and have completely re-contoured the foam and given it decent cover material. The seat is thicker.

Ok, I'm wondering now... would the 750 seat fit the 700? Would it fix the seat problem for the 700? I'm guessing the cost would be as much as getting a custom seat, but maybe not.....

The stock front seat section for the 700X sells for about $155, so that might give you some idea what a 750X seat might cost, assuming we could get one in the States.

On a positive note, it appears that maybe Honda did listen and respond to to all the seat complaints we made. The only problem is we need to spend more money to resolve the issue.

I did the same ,traded my one year Tiger800 abs,she was a little bit top heavy, but the reason was with only 10 miles on the clock I had two oil leaks , it's done 3500 miles when I traded it in,and I never felt happy riding always thinking is it going to start leaking oil again..Looking forward for some good weather so I can have a nice ride...

I hope not to come across as sour grapes.
But seriously, it is like iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S....just a small slight improvement on something already VERY GOOD.
:D

Happy riding the new steed! :p

Back