Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: First Ride: CSC Motorcycles Cyclone RX-3 Review

  1. #21
    Senior Member kjang's Avatar
    Bike: nc700 dct
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    773
    bike looks good.
    The only problem i see is servicing. Is there a service dealer near you guys?

  2. #22
    Senior Member pismocycleguy's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pismo Beach
    Posts
    1,144

    Unhappy Where is the service dealer?

    Quote Originally Posted by kjang View Post
    bike looks good.
    The only problem i see is servicing. Is there a service dealer near you guys?
    Good question! Actually there is a service guy who lives close by me, actually at the same address as I do?
    It's ME! The last time I took one of my bikes to a dealer for service was when there was a manufacturer's recall for a defect on my 1998 Honda Pacific Coast. When it was fixed and I went to pick up the bike, it was covered with greasy handprints on the tank, seat, grips and bars, plus some cracked and damaged plastic body panels. I vowed after that experience to always buy a factory service manual and do my own repair and maintenance. So far it has worked fine.
    I hope I can read "CHINESE"!

  3. #23
    Super Moderator First Ride: CSC Motorcycles Cyclone RX-3 Review 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,079
    Quote Originally Posted by kjang View Post
    bike looks good.
    The only problem i see is servicing. Is there a service dealer near you guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by pismocycleguy View Post
    Good question! Actually there is a service guy who lives close by me, actually at the same address as I do?
    It's ME! The last time I took one of my bikes to a dealer for service was when there was a manufacturer's recall for a defect on my 1998 Honda Pacific Coast. When it was fixed and I went to pick up the bike, it was covered with greasy handprints on the tank, seat, grips and bars, plus some cracked and damaged plastic body panels. I vowed after that experience to always buy a factory service manual and do my own repair and maintenance. So far it has worked fine.
    I hope I can read "CHINESE"!
    Couldn't agree more. Service is not the issue. My vehicles never see an outside service shop again once I own them (other than recalls). If you did want to hire it out, any competent mechanic should be able to service about any motorcycle. Parts availability "could" be an issue, but will likely be addressed if the model proves popular. The one gamble is how the company handles quirks and design flaws. Imagine the Honda 2014 trip meter reset but in a more critical area. Say the thing eats wheel bearings or maybe there's a problem where it sometimes won't stay in second gear. Will the company address the problem, or would you just need to live with it, or would become an issue that might frustrate you to the point of getting rid of the bike? That's what remains to be seen.

    I hope this bike works out. I thinks it's a really nice design.
    Last edited by 670cc; 27th December 2014 at 17:09.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

    NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

  4. #24
    Senior Member pismocycleguy's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pismo Beach
    Posts
    1,144

    Red face It should be interesting!

    Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    YK
    Couldn't agree more. Service is not the issue. My vehicles never see an outside service shop again once I own them (other than recalls). If you did want to hire it out, any competent mechanic should be able to service about any motorcycle. Parts availability "could" be an issue, but will likely be addressed if the model proves popular. The one gamble is how the company handles quirks and design flaws. Imagine the Honda 2014 trip meter reset but in a more critical area. Say the thing eats wheel bearings or maybe there's a problem where it sometimes won't stay in second gear. Will the company address the problem, or would you just need to live with it, or would become an issue that might frustrate you to the point of getting rid of the bike? That's what remains to be seen.
    I hope this bike works out. I thinks it's a really nice design.
    The importer, CSC, has stated they will be stocking a full inventory of spare parts to meet the needs of the buyers of this bike. CSC is also giving the buyers a "factory service manual", online maintenance videos and extended 2 year warranty. First year parts and labor, second year parts only. They will also be offering an expanded list of optional equipment and accessories.
    Their track record with the Mustang 150cc scooter, same engine manufacturer as the RX-3, has been solid.
    Hopefully this bike will turn out to be a solid investment for both the buyers and the seller. Time will tell.
    Basically I am approaching this purchase as a disposable bike. It is very inexpensive and a simple machine.
    Especially for the early buyers! If it turns out to be a flawed or unsupported bike, an active after market will probably develop for dissatisfied owners to either sell their bike or purchase another bike, highly discounted, to meet their needs for spare parts. But it will be fun!
    And remember, the first group of buyers are invited on the first "BIG" RX-3 Group Ride to the tip of Baja California! That should be a good test! Stay Tuned!

  5. #25
    Senior Member First Ride: CSC Motorcycles Cyclone RX-3 Review Ruggybuggy's Avatar
    Bike: Honda NC750X Kawasaki KLX351
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kenora, NW ONT, CANADA
    Posts
    964
    Can't wait to hear the result of the test ride. My only concern would be it's reliability but it definitely has my interest.

    “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”


    ― Mark Twain

Similar Threads

  1. New to motorcycles
    By mils86 in forum Main Lobby / New Member Section
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 27th June 2014, 01:19
  2. Dunlap Sportmax Roadsmart II ride review
    By Cutter J. Duke in forum Tire Tech Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 9th November 2013, 04:29
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th May 2013, 19:30
  4. Ride home from dealer review
    By yticolev in forum NC700 General Discussion
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 5th April 2013, 21:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •