Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgraded to the VFR 1200x. After 3 and a half years of fun on my NC, i traded it in

Bike: Honda

Upgraded to the VFR 1200x. After 3 and a half years of fun on my NC, i traded it in

Well, my Nc is gone and my new old stock 2017. VFR 1200X DCT is is here. I have been doing a lot of longer trips lately and the NC was longing for more horsepower to cruise at 75-80 mph with ease. I put 10k on the NC and she was very reliable and will be missed. The VFR is a whole level above though with more power, better suspension, shaft drive, traction control, etc. I don’t even notice the extra weight. I am a big dude though. 6’4”, 245 and plenty strong. So, smaller guys might have a problem. I took the bike through some twisties and it performed better than my NC even with the 19 front wheel and Bridgestone battle axes, which are a tire I will definitely stick with. Moving from the NC dct to the VFR dct was a snap and effortless. The 1200 cc V-4 shifts through the gears so smoothly that I don’t even notice the changes. The VFR I bought originally retailed for $17k and I got mine for $9,734 brand new with zero miles. Sales tax and license are high here and I paid the destination and prep to the dealer as I know he wasn’t go to make much on the deal. So, Out the door was about 12,250. Other dealers in my area wouldn’t go lower than 13,500 even with a week of haggling. I couldn’t resist that price and have been wanting the VFR for at least 2 years now. They were virtually non-existent here in Southern California for the last year or so until Honda released the last of their US stock at a big cut rate to any dealer who was interested. So, practically overnight, 10 were available within 50 miles of my house. Honda is not going to make these bikes anymore. So, there was no use hanging on to any inventory. So, I have a killer bike and a soon to be collector’s item. Good luck to all on your current NC. I am off to the VFR 1200x forum.
    Last edited by bvogel7475; 20th August 2019 at 08:22.

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Enjoy the ride!

Senior Member Upgraded to the VFR 1200x.  After 3 and a half years of fun on my NC, i traded it in GgarryP's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X
    Congratulations! I'm envious. Enjoy.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Garry

Two wheels and keels

Senior Member Upgraded to the VFR 1200x.  After 3 and a half years of fun on my NC, i traded it in dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    Congratulations on the new ride. Many happy smiles for you.
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Very cool man! Post some pics before you go!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Senior Member Upgraded to the VFR 1200x.  After 3 and a half years of fun on my NC, i traded it in
    Upgraded to the VFR 1200x.  After 3 and a half years of fun on my NC, i traded it in
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    Congratulations on the new bike! Do come back and let us know your impressions as you put some miles on it!

Iím supposed to respect my elders, but itís getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..

Senior Member Upgraded to the VFR 1200x.  After 3 and a half years of fun on my NC, i traded it in superdedooperman's Avatar
    Bike: 2013 Red Honda NC700X
    That's awesome! Glad you go that good of a deal for it.

If I can't find a solution to my need for more power and something that will work around my leg, I may end up getting crazy and pulling trigger on one myself, despite my disliking of the weight and tire sizes. I hate being limited on options.

Senior Member Upgraded to the VFR 1200x.  After 3 and a half years of fun on my NC, i traded it in dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    I hope you really enjoy your new bike. I remember how badly I wanted a Crosstourer when they came out in 2010. I still look at Cycle Trader ads now and then for a low mileage DCT but with my current two bike strategy the NC and a Goldwing fit my riding needs very well.
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD

Quote Originally Posted by dduelin View Post
    I hope you really enjoy your new bike. I remember how badly I wanted a Crosstourer when they came out in 2010. I still look at Cycle Trader ads now and then for a low mileage DCT but with my current two bike strategy the NC and a Goldwing fit my riding needs very well.
    They are few and far from in between for sale used, anywhere. One popped up on cycle trader a few weeks ago in Washington state I think it was. Had 18k miles, 2016 model, with the silver hard cases and top boxes. Mint shape, only $7k. If that had been in a neighboring state to me, I probably would have went and picked it up immediately. Heck, I contemplated posting a shipping load on U-Ship and getting it shipped to me. Lol.

I wish I could ride one to see just how it handles with it being a fairly heavy bike.